Creator of 'Flappy Bird' has had enough, and will take down the game in 24 hours

Page 1 of 3
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/08/flappy-bird-dong-nguyen-deleting

Nguyen’s decision to take Flappy Birds Down isn’t a complete surprise: his Twitter account has provided plenty of clues that the game’s success wasn’t the bed of roses you might expect.

“I can call ‘Flappy Bird’ is a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it,” he tweeted earlier today, while earlier in the week he wrote “Press people are overrating the success of my games. It is something I never want. Please give me peace.”

Damn
ggg1 ggg3

It's pretty crazy. He has been making $50,000 USD purely from advertisements, per day
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by sam b
the **** is flappy bird

Some game somebody cared about once. Just overrated mobile bullshit.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
A flappy bird is when you take a frozen dead bird use it as a dildo on your partner and scream "Polly want a cracker" while receiving a reach arround kids these days.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by BledGhostWhite
Some game somebody cared about once. Just overrated mobile bullshit.
Damn you sound bitter
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by losing battle
A flappy bird is when you take a frozen dead bird use it as a dildo on your partner and scream "Polly want a cracker" while receiving a reach arround kids these days.

You're trying too hard
Quote by behind_you
Damn you sound bitter

Didn't mean to come off that way; apologies for that. I just mean I don't see the big deal. It's nearly identical to a million other games before it; this one just happened to catch on. If he left it, it would've faded into obscurity in a few months anyways.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
No not flappy bird

Now my high scores will mean nothing!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Wait so he's sick of the fact that he's made tens of thousands of dollars from some app that anyone could create with little effort?

If he's sick of money, he could easily stop charging for ads. Or just give all his income from it to charity.
Quote by losing battle

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Wormholes
Wait so he's sick of the fact that he's made tens of thousands of dollars from some app that anyone could create with little effort?

If he's sick of money, he could easily stop charging for ads. Or just give all his income from it to charity.
Nah man he's sick of the Press & internet giving him shit 24/7
ggg1 ggg3

And this is why you publish under a company, or at least a pseudonym, if not both.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
And this is why you publish under a company, or at least a pseudonym, if not both.
No man he should 'grow a thicker skin' like everyone suggests

It's obviously his fault the internet is treating him like horse shit
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
It's pretty crazy. He has been making $50,000 USD purely from advertisements, per day

Yeah, I would happily take the money.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
DONG? HIS NAME IS DONG?!

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I guess it's a pretty smart move since it's pretty inevitable that a massive corporation like Nintendo is going to attempt to sue him, what with the billion lawyers they have to make any stupid coincidence look like a copyright infringement. May as well take the money and run before that ever happens.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 8, 2014,
Quote by lolmnt
DONG? HIS NAME IS DONG?!

HEY! I was supposed to make that joke!
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
HEY! I was supposed to make that joke!

+1
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I can testify that it really was a realistic rendering of what it's like to keep a bird airbourne by poking it
Quote by lolmnt
DONG? HIS NAME IS DONG?!

I wouldn't want media attention if my name was dong either
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
can he fix the android version before he leaves. the birdy box is too big and i keep hitting the pipes when im sure im not.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I get why he's bailing. He's just some dude who coded a doofy game and for whatever reason it got really popular, but then people started raging about it not being a AAA-quality game and now they're shitting on this guy 24/7, even in ****ing gaming news.

And it's just some dude who coded a game as a hobby. It's not his job. If I were him I'd probably bail, too (but not before working out a licensing agreement with EA).
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The kids I teach are obsessed with this game. It will be truly devastating to them.

So an English lesson on the language of newspapers using the article as an example on monday then.
I've never heard of this game but from screenshots it looks like it does nothing but blatantly steal from other games.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Seref
If I were him I'd probably bail, too (but not before working out a licensing agreement with EA).

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by losing battle
A flappy bird is when you take a frozen dead bird use it as a dildo on your partner and scream "Polly want a cracker" while receiving a reach around kids these days.

wait - so you're using the flappy bird dildo on your partner while simultaneously receiving a reach-around? Where I come from that's the "Behind the Back Magic Attack."
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
What a dumbass

He could set himself up for life financially right now.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by lolmnt
DONG? HIS NAME IS DONG?!

I work with a vietnamese guy at work whose name is Bong

And yeah, I can totally understand why he'd want to take it down.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by British_Steal
What a dumbass

He could set himself up for life financially right now.
People are saying he's already set, as living in Vietnam is pretty cheap apparently
ggg1 ggg3

tried online version
shit game
won't be missed
you'd have to be a complete imbecile devoid of any type of brain matter to enjoy this game or even find it addicting in the slightest
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
tried online version
shit game
won't be missed
you'd have to be a complete imbecile devoid of any type of brain matter to enjoy this game or even find it addicting in the slightest

So in other words there's a huge market for it lol

#ROASTED
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Page 1 of 3