I'm wanting to get a specific type of pedal board. My wants are:
  • Slots that the pedals can slide into and be snug, sort of like a Boss board or a board with foam cut outs that fits Boss pedals.
  • Needs to hold up to 8 to 10 pedals.
  • Have a power supply that can power the pedals without having wires running loosely everywhere, messy like. I don't want interference and noise from the power cables.

Does such a board exist or can one be constructed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by MistaChy at Feb 8, 2014,
You don't need slots to hold pedals secure. I used bicycle chain links. Check it out - use existing pedal enclosure screws to fasten links to pedal. Flip pedal over and screw to the board.
Attachments:
pedal secure.jpg
Last edited by clustercuss at Feb 8, 2014,
I just use a pedaltrain. You put velcro on the pedals as well as on the board itself. Allows you to arrange everything how you need it and you'd be surprised how well industrial grade velcro holds things in place

You can also put a power source in it (they're usually fitted for Voodoo Lab's pedal power) and since there are slots in between the bars, you can feed the cables under and zip-tie the power cables together to make things nice and clean.

Edit: I've got mine powering 11 pedals currently. 8 are stuck into my power supply. I also have a powerstrip hooked up to my power supply with 3 higher voltage adapters for the other 3. I could technically power 16 pedals at once with this setup.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Feb 8, 2014,
Quote by clustercuss
You don't need slots to hold pedals secure. I used bicycle chain links. Check it out - use existing pedal enclosure screws to fasten links to pedal. Flip pedal over and screw to the board.

Great idea, slots are just easy, pull it out and use it by itself quickly, slots are fancy in my opinion, and clean looking, plus they cradle the pedal nicely and hide wires better. But if that doesn't exist, then I'd definitely use this idea of yours, so I appreciate the input.
Quote by mjones1992
I just use a pedaltrain. You put velcro on the pedals as well as on the board itself. Allows you to arrange everything how you need it and you'd be surprised how well industrial grade velcro holds things in place

You can also put a power source in it (they're usually fitted for Voodoo Lab's pedal power) and since there are slots in between the bars, you can feed the cables under and zip-tie the power cables together to make things nice and clean.

Edit: I've got mine powering 11 pedals currently. 8 are stuck into my power supply. I also have a powerstrip hooked up to my power supply with 3 higher voltage adapters for the other 3. I could technically power 16 pedals at once with this setup.

can you post a pic so i can visually see your craftsmanship?
Yeah I built my pedal board from 1x8 oak, I use Velcro to hold my pedals in place. They have been fine for over a year and the whole board cost me $25 ish in materials and it would have cost $100+ for the type of board I made. And I literally took me 30 min to build (besides the time waiting for paint to dry).

I do use a 1 spot type adapter but you can get a T-rex fueltank/Voodoo labs if you want isolated outputs.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah I built my pedal board from 1x8 oak, I use Velcro to hold my pedals in place. They have been fine for over a year and the whole board cost me $25 ish in materials and it would have cost $100+ for the type of board I made. And I literally took me 30 min to build (besides the time waiting for paint to dry).

I do use a 1 spot type adapter but you can get a T-rex fueltank/Voodoo labs if you want isolated outputs.

+3,1415

I built my pedalboard myself too. It's incredibly cheap and a great solution since you can make it exactly the way you need it.
You can check my build thread here: link

If you want a cleaner look than mine, you can put the power supply unit under the pedalboard, and drill small holes on the board to feed the cables directly to the pedals from under the board.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Feb 9, 2014,
I'd check out "ChemistryHoleyBoard.com" or on ebay~! It uses nylon zip ties, power supply goes under second step tier, not expensive. Pedals can even budge & very fast layout change, say goodbye to velcro forever. Great reviews & very simple design & idea. Check it out before you buy!
I would not advice going with these built in "slots". Heavy duty velcro works just fine and you can put any kind/size pedal on a standard pedaltrain.
Quote by david.peavy.712
I'd check out "ChemistryHoleyBoard.com" or on ebay~! It uses nylon zip ties, power supply goes under second step tier, not expensive. Pedals can even budge & very fast layout change, say goodbye to velcro forever. Great reviews & very simple design & idea. Check it out before you buy!

Those are awful.

For starters, they're pretty expensive. You can make one yourself for less than 1/3 of the cost of their cheaper model (which costs $99).
The shape and size makes very difficult finding a suitable gigbag to carry it (the company has their own cases which cost $70 for the cheaper model -- how convenient).

Also zipties aren't practical compared to velcro, because with velcro you can remove, add or rearrange pedals very easily. To do that with zipties, you have to have something to cut the zipties on use and a few brand-new ones with you at all times to replace them if you need.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Feb 9, 2014,