Hey guys, straight to it.

I'm looking at getting a new amp and trying to choose between 2, they are both second hand and both owners say they're in good condition, so one is a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 Combo for 500 Australian dollars, the other is a Marshall JCM600 head with a Marshall 1960 Lead Quad Box for 550 Australian Dollars, opinions? What's better? What would you get?

Thanks

I'm leaning towards to the head and quad box, just so you know
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
Quote by CJGunner7
Hey guys, straight to it.

I'm looking at getting a new amp and trying to choose between 2, they are both second hand and both owners say they're in good condition, so one is a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 Combo for 500 Australian dollars, the other is a Marshall JCM600 head with a Marshall 1960 Lead Quad Box for 550 Australian Dollars, opinions? What's better? What would you get?

Thanks

I'm leaning towards to the head and quad box, just so you know

my buddy had that DSL 401, it was not overly versatile, but it was a pretty good amp.

i believe the jcm600 (i believe this was also the JTM60) was notorious for overheating problems and lackluster performance. the nicest thing i have heard about the 600 was "It's not a horrible amp". i have never actually played one before though so i am just echoing things i have heard.

i'd go with the 401
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae

/thread
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The dsl401 if it was made after 2003. The ones made before that overheated. It's a pretty simple fix but it is a real issue that would have to be addressed.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by tchesher
Definitely the jcm600

Why do you say that?
Paul Gilbert
Quote by Cathbard
The dsl401 if it was made after 2003. The ones made before that overheated. It's a pretty simple fix but it is a real issue that would have to be addressed.

It's made in 2001
Paul Gilbert
If they're not perfect why not wait a little longer? Good stuff always pops up on Gumtree eventually
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by CJGunner7
It's made in 2001
Then it needs to have the rectifier upgraded.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification