Im buying some gear finally for my live performances and dropped so far about 1200. So far my rig is as follows.
-Schecter 2005 C-1 Exotic
-Marshall MG 100HDFX w/Marshall cab
-Boss Noise Suppresor NS-2
-Line 6 Uber Metal

I just ordered the EMG ZW 81/85 set to replace the stock pickups andi grabbed the MXR ZW-44 to replace the uber pedal (not the biggest fan of line 6.) Would thos setup be great for metal shows? What should i implement to get it even better?

Thanks dudes.
I've got a schecter and I like metal so I'll post.

I don't like solid state amps. They tend to sound like my dishwasher. I'd recommend you invest in a quality tube amp that sounds good overdriven like a mesa or an older marshall. If budget is a problem just buy used. Also, to ensure purity of tone, I recommend buying a overdrive pedal with true bypass. I have an AC Booster I run into my Gibson Goldtone and I got a nice 70s rock crunch from it without sacrificing my cleans before the damn thing broke.

Anyways, good luck.
+1 on getting a tube amp

Quote by Erc
Also, to ensure purity of tone, I recommend buying a overdrive pedal with true bypass.

eh don't worry too much about that. especially if it's on all the time (which it likely will be if you're playing metal).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pickups are the least of your worries while you have that amp. The smaller MGs are acceptable (but overpriced) practice amps, but solid state Marshalls are absolutely terrible for gigging.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
That's what I was thinking.

I don't want to get on your case (and bear in mind this is based on tons of threads like this, this isn't just aimed at you), but I don't understand why, when people are aware of forums where they can ask for advice, they order stuff first, and *then* make a thread asking for people's approval . Make the thread before you order anything, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pickups are the least of your worries while you have that amp.

Pretty much yeah. Running a noise compressor and having a solid state can insure that you'll have a rig that is unresponsive to your fretting technique and pick attack.

On the bright side you have humbuckers which I find to be more responsive in general than single coils. Also they have a fatter tone which I think is good for metal or any playing in general (I'm not a fan of single coils although I am considering buying a telecaster...so what the hell.... consistency be damned.)
Noooooo man!

Why the Marshall SS stack, why?!

The guitar should never surpass the quality of the amp.
Well, you've taken a good first step in getting a replacement for the Line6. Sell that, along with the MG, and get a better amp. There's a good number of budget price tube amps out there. I'd recommend looking into Jet City and Egnater.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thanks guys.
Yeah the marshall stack costed me 400 so i bought
It for practice rig mostly. Reasoning for an extensive upgrade
On guitar before amp was due to at hone recording without amps.

I bought these ite.s causs i personally like them.
The zw pedal has always been a staple for me.
Approval was not really on mind, just improvement.

As for my head, yeah id like to eventually snag a decent tube.
Quote by terrorcat666
As for my head, yeah id like to eventually snag a decent tube.

Make it your next purchase. You'll scare audiences with your MG.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The ones with guitar backgrounds at least hahaha
I know it isnt great, but at least it works haha