If you had friends who had a young child, and they died, would you raise the child if there were no other family members or they requested it in their will ?
I think it would be a pretty shitty situation for all involved, you'd have to teach them not to call you Mom or Dad, and that means you'll have to explain to them about what happened to his or her parents. And then, once their a teenager and they go through a "rebellious" stage, you'll be bound to get the, "You can't tell me what to do, your not my Mom/Dad"
Would you be able to do it ?
If it's the best thing for them and I didn't hate the kid I'd definitely consider it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Probably

Will the daughter grow up to be hot intelligent?
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by lemmyisgod97
If you had friends who had a young child, and they died, would you raise the child if there were no other family members or they requested it in their will ?
I think it would be a pretty shitty situation for all involved, you'd have to teach them not to call you Mom or Dad, and that means you'll have to explain to them about what happened to his or her parents. And then, once their a teenager and they go through a "rebellious" stage, you'll be bound to get the, "You can't tell me what to do, your not my Mom/Dad"
Would you be able to do it ?

Says who? If they want to call you that, why shouldn't they? OK you wouldn't be their biological parent but that's the case with plenty of people around the world. You would be acting as their parent.

So yes, I would raise them. Because I would not want to leave them to the care system.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Probably. But not at my current age.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by OddOneOut
Says who? If they want to call you that, why shouldn't they? OK you wouldn't be their biological parent but that's the case with plenty of people around the world. You would be acting as their parent.

So yes, I would raise them. Because I would not want to leave them to the care system.

Would it not be disrespectful to the biological parents to let the kid call you Mom or Dad ?
If the kid's like 8+ years old, they'd probably call you by your surname, eventually moving to forename. MAYBE "mom/dad" after that. If they're younger, they'll probably move to that by default. I'd say it's the sign of a good job. A kid who's raised badly and is aware that it's an adoptive relationship probably wouldn't refer to them as "mom/dad" in an informal setting.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Would it not be disrespectful to the biological parents to let the kid call you Mom or Dad ?

I wouldn't have thought so.

You're raising them, you're their parent. They can call you mum/dad, or they might not if that's not how they feel. I think it'd make a lot of emotional distance between you if you constantly reminded them every day how that you don't really think of yourself as their parent and that they shouldn't call you that.
I would, but not at my current age. Though, I don't think I would raise them well. At all.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I wouldn't raise no damn zombie child
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
I Would Id Start A Family Band.get An Old School Bus And Have David Cassidy Drive Us To Gigs
Quote by MadClownDisease
I wouldn't have thought so.

You're raising them, you're their parent. They can call you mum/dad, or they might not if that's not how they feel. I think it'd make a lot of emotional distance between you if you constantly reminded them every day how that you don't really think of yourself as their parent and that they shouldn't call you that.

This.

After all, if your friends didn't want you to raise the child like it's your own then they wouldn't have asked you to in the first place.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

No, because i wouldn't be able to support them enough. I wouldn't have enough money to feed both of us, wouldn't have enough time to give to them, wouldn't even be able to buy them clothes probably. All of my money is devoted towards my house, car, my two animales and keeping myself alive. Add another person right now and we'd both die.
Sail upon the open skies
Only if I liked the child.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Yes because I love kids and I think they'd turn out alright if I took care of them. But no because not right now, I have other things to worry about. But if I wasn't so busy and was financially stable then definitely
cat
I think it probably depends how old the kid is. I couldn't afford to raise a baby or toddler but I would take in an older kid or teenager. It would suck because it's not a choice id make for my own life but I would do right by the kid if there was really no other option.
No, I wouldn't. I don't want children, nor marriage, nor a steady GF. Money's too tight for that right now, and knowing me it's going to stay that way for a long time.

Can't afford it.
depends on how close the friend is, and how much i like the kid. 9/10 friends: HELL NO.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Only if I had the time, the financial stability and the emotional strength.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I suppose so. But I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with it calling me dad... I mean, I definitely see where there wouldn't be any bond if we were on a strict first name basis, but still. For his/her sake, I'd likely not fight it, but it still wouldn't feel comfortable. And I'd let them know what happened as soon as they were mature enough to get it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Not in my current age/financial state, but about 5+ years from now, I probably would be more accepting of it. It would also depend on how close friends either one or both of the parents were for me to take care of the child. If it was that guy that I'm sort of friends with, then no.

So basically a few years from now with the child of a close friend, then yes I'd do it.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Something just occurred to me, why am I friends with what is essentially a drifter? How is it possible that I'm their only friend that can do this, and they have no family to step up?
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
Something just occurred to me, why am I friends with what is essentially a drifter? How is it possible that I'm their only friend that can do this, and they have no family to step up?

The friend was Paul Walker.
If that happened right now? I'm in no position to become a parent, I can barely take care of myself.

In the future, I would if my friend wished it/there was no other option. I wouldn't tell the kid to not call me dad though. If I'm raising the kid, they're my goddamn kid.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'll assume that those friends and I were very close, otherwise I wouldn't even consider such a thing.

That said, yes. I'd do it both for them and for the kid, I mean, I'd rather have the responsability over my friends' kid but at least get to be the one looking out for the little guy/gal and keep him/her under my eye. It's a lot of responsability to take an offspring under your wing (and I can't even begin to understand how much since I have no kids on my care), but in such a situation, there would be barely anyone else I would trust to do it.
i have no friends D:

Hell no, I'd tell them that I'd been chosen to be part of the next underwater Biosphere project
Absolutely, no doubt.
There is the theory of the Moebius; a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop... where time becomes a loop... where time becomes a loop...
Already have so yes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.

btdt. My son I never wanted.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.