Hello UG community! I'm looking for some advice. I picked up a Marshall Valvestate s80 8420 off my old college tutor for £80 and until now I have been using it as a home practice amp, but I am interested in disconnecting the amplifier and possibly turning it into a 2X12" speaker cabinet and picking up a micro tube head from somewhere (perhaps an Orange Micro Terror to start off with). I don't have a clue about how to do this or even if it is possible so can anyone help me?

All explanations in as novice-like termanology as possible please as I'm quite stupid when it comes to electronics and wiring :')

thanks x
Yes it can be done
the Micro terror is not a tube amp

You will need to buy or make an adapter that has a 1/4" TS male end, a few feet of speaker wire and the crimp-connectors for the speaker.
Disconnect the speaker and hook up the new adapter and plug it directly into the new head.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 9, 2014,
Thanks a lot man! And oh.. Well I was only looking for something small and cheap to start off with, but with enough power to sound good through my Marshall's speakers?

And oh is it not? Well that just goes to show what I know about gear haha. I'm looking for something along the same lines as a micro terror price wise.. Really don't have the sorta money for anything pricey.

I'll probably enlist the help of a friend with a knowledge of electronics to help me out with the modification.

Thanks for the advice
maybe look for a used epi valve Jr or Blackheart killer-ant/little-giant
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate