Did somebody get severe injuries from playing guitar aside from cuts or snapping a string popping in the eye? I don't think guitar playing is a dangerous hobby, but everything we do nowadays is a threat to our lives. So let's try to imagine some way to get injured playing guitar....
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

lots of people get wrist problems, and even elbow problems. Mike Einziger of Incubus really screwed up his left wrist. I think he has carpal tunnel.

However, I don't think guitar can kill you unless you enjoy it so much that you stop eating and drinking and pooping

Personally, my left (fretting) wrist has been doing some weird things. I can feel a tendon moving every once in a while. I doesn't hurt, but it feel really weird. When I'm reaching for some crazy chord, sometimes it happens and freaks me out

You can play shows and get into it, slip, fall, and smash your guitar into your face. I've read stories about that

and now I'm done
i never injured myself, but a few years ago i wasnt paying attention to where i was walking and my ex took a tele headstock straight to the vagina.

shit knocked me out of tune yo
never try and make love to your guitar, never ;_;
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
You could be the guitarist for Damageplan....

Did I say that out loud?
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
I ****ed a girl with a guitar once...
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i cut my finger on the fret wire once. Other than that, my guitar is pretty pointy, so i sometimes end up jabbing myself in the side when im trying to be cool (spinning it around, headbanging while playing, other stupid stuff).
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I once stuck my d i c k in the 1/4 input socket... let's just say i still have the scars to prove it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

String stabbed me through the tip of my finger while changing them once.

Edit: I meant penis
Last edited by Cing Krimson at Feb 9, 2014,
One of my bass strings snapped once, and hit me right in the eye. Then right after, another string hit my other eye. Now I'm completely blind.
I played guitar for years but then sued for wrongful musical imprisonment

#zing
#suits
When you're onstage playing your part and the bassist, not knowing you're behind him, turns around and almost cuts your forehead off with his headstock.
I play pedal steel, and it is very easy to accidentally kick one of the brackets or whack your knee on a lever when pulling your chair in. Also dropping a 6-12oz tonebar on your foot is not very fun. Finger picks can also Helter Skelter up your fingers if they aren't properly fitted.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Cutting your genitalia on the strings from trying to use it as a pick.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by theogonia777
Finger picks can also Helter Skelter up your fingers if they aren't properly fitted.
I swear to God metal finger picks must have been designed to torture musicians by never fitting quite right.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I've stabbed my fingers and thumbs many a time when changing string. The last time it happened, my thumb bled for 10 whole minutes so I nearly died.

I wacked myself in the face with the headstock the other day and made my eye ache. Not sure how that happened.

I've also hurt muscles in my arms from playing faster than I was supposed to be.
I have nothing important to say
I have arthritis in my wrist, so every time I play guitar, I get extreme pain. I can only play for short periods of time and this frustrates me because I love playing guitar but I can't because the wrist movement causes my symptoms to worsen.

ron666
>tinnitus
>getting pricked by the string end because you didn't cut it off close enough
>repetitive strain injury

also, this one time, I was lifting one of my guitars out of the case and I overestimated its weight and pulled too hard and the headstock hit me in the face
banned
I've had a string hit me on my cheek then slide just below my eye while tuning some old piece of crap. It didn't really hurt, scared me more than anything.

Swallowing a pick by accident, and other small parts not for children under 3.

Electric shocks.

Tripping on or even stubbing your toe over a drumset at night sucks ass and wakes people up.

Getting hit with a bottle.

Muscles. (arm finger and back)

Tinnitus.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 14, 2014,