Hello Guys

I have a Schecter Hellraiser Blackjack guitar and have currently Earnie Ball Kabalt strings. What strings are good for sweeping?
And what string strength would be good?
I play Metal...

Thaaaanks \m/
Yeah, strings aren't going to make your sweeping sound better or cleaner.

Try working on your technique instead.
ayy lmao
It would never have occurred to me that any particular strings would be more suitable than any other for a particular technique!!!!

Seriously, if you can sweep you can sweep. If you can't you can't. Really doesn't matter what strings you use.
I generally prefer the ones that you find at a guitar or music store. The ones you make by yourself in your garage never seem to hold up too well.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I can only guess lighter strings usually will make it slightly easier since it will be easier to press them down quickly. But it's probably also a matter of taste, and generally I guess the previous answers are the truth.
Quote by Junior#1
I generally prefer the ones that you find at a guitar or music store. The ones you make by yourself in your garage never seem to hold up too well.

Thinner strings are easier to play with but also sound worse. However sweeping isn't something where string gauge/type would matter much.
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
Strings don't matter, but try using your neck pickup. Sounds a million times better for sweeping.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Strings don't make a difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com