Hi folks,

Apologies if this is the wrong subforum. I have a Schecter Damien 6 FR. I love the hell out of this guitar, but recently, especially during recording, I have started to notice that the intonation is off. I have had this guitar professionally intonated quite recently, so I don't know what is going on here. When I fret a note, the tone goes noticeably sharp. I have tried not fretting as hard too. My guitar is tuned to C standard, using 13-16-26-36-46-56 strings. My friend told me that perhaps my string tension is too high. I have noticed the exact same issue on my Hellraiser C-7 FR as well! Same tuning, same string gauge.

Any ideas? I would love to get these guitars sounding perfect, and willing to spend money as needed.

Thanks!!
I don't know if this helps but I have heard that when you use a gauge over 52 the guitar needs adjustment to handle the tension. Good luck, I don't use higher than 10s or 11s usually.
Raconteurs Fan Guy
If you like high action, your action could be to high. However, if it's low, then I have no idea why it would do that. Have you rechecked the intonation to make sure it is intonated properly?
You should know how to do it yourself. Intonation will drift with string wear and some strings are less uniform than others so they won't intonate the same. I tweak my intonation all the time, it's part of the craft.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have tried intonating the guitar myself, but with a floyd rose it can take quite some time. Working ~50 hours a week + five band practices a week leaves me little to no time to work on my guitars myself unfortunately.

I do prefer high action, perhaps that might be the issue. I prefer higher string gauge as well, but maybe I should try 12s?