hi i have a bogner alchemist 212. heres the user manual for reference. http://www.manualslib.com/manual/268699/Bogner-Alchemist-212.html#manual
on the back of the amp there is 2 outputs, A( 8 ohm/ 16 ohm ok) with one quarter inch cable going to the 2 speakers attached to the amp itself. there is another output B(which is 2, 4 ohm outs)i have a broken crate amp. it was a piece of dog shit with a 4 ohm speaker. i gutted it it is now just a speaker in a box. my question is, if i wire this broken pile of garbage together, can i just use a short 1/4 inch cable going from the B(4ohm out) of my bogner alchemist, to the input jack im going to put in this shit pile, will it work or will i overload the power amp on my bogner?
I'm not familiar with the amp you have, but the B out is likely meant for an extension cab. It should work. Make sure to use speaker cable, not instrument cable to connect it.
You have to make sure that you match the impedance of your amp or you will break the thing. I don't think the 4 ohm out and the 8/16 ohm output are meant to be used in conjunction with one another.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
thats what i was worried about. im trying to mess around with wet/dry signals. wondering if it would work. looking for a thicker sound.
Quote by Viban
You have to make sure that you match the impedance of your amp or you will break the thing. I don't think the 4 ohm out and the 8/16 ohm output are meant to be used in conjunction with one another.

this

the 4ohms B output is for 2 8ohm speakers to run from... to run a W/D I would run a cable from the send of the efx loop into you effects then into a power amp, then the speaker out from the power amp into your 4 ohm speaker. So really you need to get your crate working to use as a power amp

W/D set ups rule man so so it