http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/heres-why-you-should-convert-your-music-to-432-hz/

And I completely agree, I've always liked half-step down better than standard tuning and Phi just amazes me. I don't really know how this ties in, but dammit, I'm googlin' it.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Sometimes I wonder why they even made standard tuning go from E to e when clearly flatted or double flatted sounds better. I mean, tuning to Eb is good but it might be inconvenient for the rest of anyone who's playing with you, but at that point why not just go D to d and say that's standard. Maybe the guitars of the past had shorter scales or something.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Articles like that are so obnoxious. Ignorant people blathering on about frequencies being attuned to our DNA n shit. Reminds me of an old co worker that I had who kept talking about how he was going to record music tuned to Saturn's frequencies.
Out of curiosity, I will read further into this subject, but I sure as hell won't be using that site as a reference. It holds absolutely no water:

1) First of all, there's no author listed. I understand it's only one guy writing for this website, but I start to question credibility when I don't see an author (never mind the website name).

2) Terrible editing and formatting further contribute to an already decreasing level of credibility. Someone even commented on the 'About' page stating, "Sorry, just hard to take a site seriously with grammar and usage errors."

3) I'm happy there were at least some sources cited, but they were paltry when compared to the whole. That first paragraph under 'Music Frequency'? Holy shit. How am I even supposed to take that seriously?

Sorry if I'm being harsh, but this is why I hate 'blogs'. If you can't even write about your own opinion without those three, extremely basic qualities then I deem you and the presented information untrustworthy from the get-go. Plus, when you're writing about "parapsychology and alternative science" (aka 'pseudo-science') you better have two to three times as many sources as your average news article because you have to work that much harder to convince your audience.

I'm not picking on you, OP, so thank you for the post. Unfortunately, it's the whole "focus on the message, not the words" mentality that irks me to no avail. I'm not about to let my generation create a sub-par standard of writing

When all is said and done, Eb standard is my go-to tuning!
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
Last edited by jhalterman at Feb 10, 2014,
That's the biggest load of bullshit I've heard all year.

432Hz is not half a step down by the way. Ab/G# is 415.3 Hz, quite far from 432Hz.

Tuning to 432Hz would just make it difficult to play with others or to other music.
Last edited by Gaz_m2k5 at Feb 10, 2014,
Quote by StewieSwan
I think it's all psychological
^^^
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by StewieSwan
I think it's all psychological

All listening is psychological, yes

I'm not even going to say anything.
Go to the Musician Talk forum.
Search for 432.
There's 3 or 4 threads on this.
Read them.
420 hz master race
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by captainsnazz
Caring about reference frequencies implies caring about tonal music, so nah I'm not arsed.

huu
banned
Quote by MeTallIcA313
G#C#G#C#F#A#D# master race hmu

l0l m8 s0 dj0nty
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Ponyhz Master Race, reporting
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
My album was recorded in A=432Hz

Playing live in that tuning is great cos everyone likes your stuff and doesn't know why
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by MeTallIcA313
G#C#G#C#F#A#D# master race hmu

Hmm, did you mean "djent faggot master race"?
Here, let me fix that for you:
Quote by MeTallIcA313
djent faggot master race hmu
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Tuning to 432Hz would just make it difficult to play with others or to other music.

Agreed, it's used primarily by people who spend most of their time playing with themselves...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Agreed, it's used primarily by people who spend most of their time playing with themselves...

HUE HUE HUE
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
432Hz is used by a choir here in town to make it a tad easier to hit some higher notes. I've thought about doing this with my band, because there's a note on a couple songs I really strain for.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
432Hz is used by a choir here in town to make it a tad easier to hit some higher notes. I've thought about doing this with my band, because there's a note on a couple songs I really strain for.

And this is easier than simply transposing to another key how, exactly?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
And this is easier than simply transposing to another key how, exactly?

Ever play with jazz groups? Bb to A isn't just that simple for the brass section. Moving the tuning slide is.
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 1, 2015,
Quote by JustRooster
Ever play with jazz groups? Bb to A isn't just that simple for the brass section. Moving the tuning slide is.

You're the vocalist for a jazz group with a brass section? Who knew...

My bad.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You're the vocalist for a jazz group with a brass section? Who knew...

My bad.

Nope, the folks I sing with have a pianist, though, so it's still hard to transpose on the fly or them. It's a stage piano, so they can take it down to 432Hz. We haven't tried yet, I'm just musing. I was using that group as an example.

The songs I sing are both in C, which is way easy for the pianist. It's a different set if finger stretches for the pianist if we did Bb.

It can be practical, but probably not for everyone.
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 1, 2015,
Quote by JustRooster
Nope, the folks I sing with have a pianist, though, so it's still hard to transpose on the fly or them. It's a stage piano, so they can take it down to 432Hz. We haven't tried yet, I'm just musing. I was using that group as an example.

The songs I sing are both in C, which is way easy for the pianist. It's a different set if finger stretches for the pianist if we did Bb.

It can be practical, but probably not for everyone.

So.......you were just presenting an issue that didn't exist to in order to "be right"? Shame on you!

FWIW, I assumed you probably weren't based on your earlier posting, but I was willing to go with it to see where it lead.

Perhaps the pianist you work with can't transpose "on the fly" but many can, as key transposition to suit the vocalist's ability is pretty much the industry standard, no?

I'm not saying you shouldn't try 432 if you want, I just can't for the life of me see a practical argument for doing so in 99.9% of the cases that exist.

Of course it's not like music is a needs-based endeavor, so there's that.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Ometh
Hmm, did you mean "djent faggot master race"?
Here, let me fix that for you:

pony master race hmu