So I recently discovered that listening to metal while high is pretty dope, but some bands are better than others. The obvious ones I like are DOWN and Pantera who pretty much flaunt their weed smoking through Anselmo.
Was wondering if there were any other cool, similar bands.
belzebong, electric wizard, conan, clutch etc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I've tried Electric Wizard before and the songs seem way too long when baked, seriously. Clutch is awesome though.
Esoteric.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Cannabis Corpse. Seriously, they're awesome. They're a ganja-based parody of Cannibal Corpse, but they are actually really good. It's headed by a guy from Municipal Waste.
bongripper - satan worshipping doom

electric wizard - dopethrone

sleep - dopesmoker
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Sleep, Electric Wizard, Eyehategod, Melvins, YOB, Neurosis, High On Fire, Acid King, Bongripper, Kyuss,OM, Goatsnake, Bongzilla, Belzebong etc

It's called stoner/doom/sludge metal and there is quite a bit of it out there. I follow the scene pretty closely
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
Sleep, Electric Wizard, Eyehategod, Melvins, YOB, Neurosis, High On Fire, Acid King, Bongripper, Kyuss,OM, Goatsnake, Bongzilla, Belzebong etc

It's called stoner/doom/sludge metal and there is quite a bit of it out there. I follow the scene pretty closely

you follow the scene ? from your armchair taking bongrips ? don't we all ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by deadsmileyface

Melvins are Str8xXxEdge those x's don't stand for kisses
Quote by KingKrisKhan
I've tried Electric Wizard before and the songs seem way too long when baked, seriously.

Then you're just not baked enough.
Most things sound "better" when your chonged.
Whats goes around must come down
Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Fu Manchu - The Action is Go

Sun O)))

Corrosion of Conformity - America's Volume Dealer

Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R

and anything from http://www.allthatisheavy.com formerly known as StonerRock.com
Last edited by vanitybinge at Feb 14, 2014,
Anything with Dixie Collins on bass, Weedeater, Bongzilla, Buzzov*en, Sourvein.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by technicolour
marijuana is bad for you, that's why it's illegal.

That must be why tobacco is legal then, it must be good for my health!

Back to main topic: while baked I usually go with hip hop music, but some good prog metal is always a winner, like Opeth and Dream Theater. I do like grind-ish stuff like Nasum and Dying Fetus, but my all-time favorite metal is some good old thrash like Megadeth (especially the Rust In Peace and Peace Sells albums) and more modern thrash like Municipal Waste. Even if it's not aimed particularly at a stoner audience, it is great to listen to while baked
Last edited by EvanBrosky at Feb 20, 2014,
idk, certain reputable people say that Opeth goes best with a glass of wine and semen
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Metal music thats best when tripping is also best when smoking weed - Thy Catafalque's last three albums, The Angelic Process, Maudlin of the Well, Devin Townsend, Alcest, Arcturus. Anything that focuses on atmosphere and a wall of sound like feeling is perfect with weed. Maudlin don't necessarily have a wall of sound, but a constant variance in emotion, dynamics and free flowing music that's difficult to truly understand whilst sober - one of the most important bands I've ever found in my life for changing how I approach music. A good starting point would be The Ferryman by them. The Angelic Process are the most intense band I've ever heard whilst tripping on acid, but run the risk of causing a bad trip if you are unsure of things, so be careful there.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
We could save a lot of typing here by just pointing him to the stoner metal list, but you're all too high to find it, never mind.
Quote by NABEF9
Cannabis Corpse. Seriously, they're awesome. They're a ganja-based parody of Cannibal Corpse, but they are actually really good. It's headed by a guy from Municipal Waste.

I saw them open for Decrepit Birth and Six Feet Under this past July. They're were pretty awesome. Bill Robinson of Decrepit Birth came out on stage smoking a blunt lol. That was one pot themed tour. I couldn't resist the urge to buy these shirts.
Attachments:
cannabiscorpse.jpg
db.jpg