Page 1 of 2
Are they finally releasing it?

lol

It grew on me, I hated it at first
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by willT08
I think it's nicely produced

whaaaaaaaaa
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
whaaaaaaaaa

I've only listened to that first track, but it's quite well done I think
I think it's weird it's classed as an Industrial album, the closest thing to Industrial on it is Shackler's Revenge.
I've always liked it.

Most negative comments are caused by the fact it's released under the Guns N Roses band name - if it had been an Axl Rose solo album it would have been generally well received.

It's a good album, it just suffers from an unfair comparison to GNR's earlier work. No band, no matter how great they are, can ever recreate the sort of aura that is created when their debut album becomes an instant classic.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If it was released under a different name, it'd get much better press, I think. But it's OK. Something I'd put on occasionally. But after that hiatus it'd have to be top-tier, which it isn't.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
If Slash stayed in the band an album similar to this one would of been released anyway, after Izzy left, Axl was the main creative force behind the band, he chose what direction they took, also, if Slash was still in the band, he would be a much better guitarist today, I think Axl knew how to get the best out of Slash but nowadays Slash seems a bit comfortable since he's a minor mainstream celebrity.
Incredible record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHMcXmYYgw4

Buckethead's outro on There Was A Time is one of the best guitar solos of all time
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
It's one of my favourite albums. I daresay it's one of the best rock albums of the 2000's.
This I Love is a masterpiece. Also has one of my favorite solos of all time.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by GaryBillington
I've always liked it.

Most negative comments are caused by the fact it's released under the Guns N Roses band name - if it had been an Axl Rose solo album it would have been generally well received.

It's a good album, it just suffers from an unfair comparison to GNR's earlier work. No band, no matter how great they are, can ever recreate the sort of aura that is created when their debut album becomes an instant classic.

There is quite a lot of collaboration though, it's pretty cheeky to release it solely under your name when you didn't write all the stuff. That and some of the solos are off the chain shred and that isn't really representative of Axl, he can't play guitar that well. Personally I'd expect a piano based album if Axl did a solo CD, not a shredfest.

I love CD though it was definitely a grower.
Ive listened to it WAY more than any other ex-gun solo stuff.

It's such a good album.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Really great album - six years on there are still four or five tracks on it which I love listening to. We've touched on There was a Time and This I love but can we just ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-0qOCmws28

I mean as far as outros go it's a killer of an album - also Catcher in the Rye.

Only thing I'm not keen on is the drums - on a few tracks they sound really fake (which I think they were on some)
Last edited by gabcd86 at Feb 10, 2014,
Have to be honest, I've had the album since it came out and I don't think I've ever really listened to it much, apart from Shackler's Revenge which I used to love.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Always been a huge GNR fan, but just could not get behind this one. Axl's voice was just shit on the entire album. 15 years for this? lol
Quote by gabcd86
Really great album - six years on there are still four or five tracks on it which I love listening to.

Wow - 6 years? Genuinely didn't realise it was that old - it honestly doesn't feel like that long ago since I bought it!

Still, that means we're almost halfway through waiting for the next album...
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Feb 10, 2014,
Quote by GaryBillington
Wow - 6 years? Genuinely didn't realise it was that old - it honestly doesn't feel like that long ago since I bought it!

Still, that means we're almost halfway through waiting for the next album...

Nah, I think Axl is done now as far as new music is concerned, apparently Chinese Democracy was supposed to be the first album in a trilogy to be released in 2009 and 2010 but he got into a row with the record company over the promotion of CD so he scrapped it.
I like it, many songs have more work put in them than most of their previous ones.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Nah, I think Axl is done now as far as new music is concerned, apparently Chinese Democracy was supposed to be the first album in a trilogy to be released in 2009 and 2010 but he got into a row with the record company over the promotion of CD so he scrapped it.

Never been sure how much of that trilogy thing was myth/truth.

I remember reading about it being the first in a trilogy, but I also remember reading Axl was planning a trilogy of albums as a follow up, then one of the other band members said there was about 3 albums worth of stuff ready to be recorded but didn't mention a trilogy specifically.

TBH, I don't know if anything will be released again, but I'd like to think something will happen one day. I gave up on waiting for Chinese Democracy in the 90s, but that still happened eventually.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I listened to the entire CD with gr8 anticipation. Then as it played, I gradually lost interest. After it ended, I had to look carefully at the CD cover to confirm that it was--indeed--GNR and it was.

So I put the CD back in its' case and never listened to it again.

Yes, it is forgetful material.

ron666
It was better than I was expecting when I first heard it, I think the reason a lot of people were upset was because they wanted Appetite for Destruction II and it was pretty different than "old" gnr.
Most people who hate on it are either "no Slash, no go" or they're like "I would like it if it wasn't called Guns N Roses". Both criticisms are unfounded as they have no impact on quality. It's a damn good album
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I've been saying this for a while, but elements of Chinese Democracy remind me of what could have been (should have been?) a Use Your Illusion III. Street of Dreams, Catcher in the Rye and Better are fantastic songs. Hell, I'd argue that Better has one of the coolest guitar solos from the last couple of years.
I had never actually listened to it as far as I remember, but I've listened to a bit now and it's way better than the old Guns N' Roses (they had two somewhat decent songs and that's about it). It's not my thing still but not bad for the type of rock album it is. I remember in 2008 I read a review complaining about the first song being too 'weird' but it's far from unusual and is better than most of the band's discography.
What I heard of it was ok. And that's basically more than what I can say about anything else I've heard from Guns N' Roses
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
It was better than I was expecting when I first heard it, I think the reason a lot of people were upset was because they wanted Appetite for Destruction II and it was pretty different than "old" gnr.

I think that's a good thing though, he would of sold out then, I think Axl Rose is one of the only Rockstars ever not to sell out, I like Slash, but since GNR he's just been trying to recreate Appetite For Destruction and it never turns out as good.
Quote by ron666
I listened to the entire CD with gr8 anticipation. Then as it played, I gradually lost interest. After it ended, I had to look carefully at the CD cover to confirm that it was--indeed--GNR and it was.

So I put the CD back in its' case and never listened to it again.

Yes, it is forgetful material.

ron666

Put down the crack pipe m8. It was the gr8est record of two thousand and8. Worth the w8. Definitely r8 8/8.
Page 1 of 2