4. See how many reply back
5. Try to continue a conversation
6. Post results
7. profit
No
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Is this a study into awkward generic small talk?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
so you want me to say "Hey" to my friends? yeah I have enough courage to do that
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Pretty sure there was a more adventurous version of this online a few years ago, I think it was like this but saying something like "Why haven't we had sex yet?" instead of "hey"
Quote by chaoticfables
Pretty sure there was a more adventurous version of this online a few years ago, I think it was like this but saying something like "Why haven't we had sex yet?" instead of "hey"

Surely this doesn't apply to conversations with same-sex friends? Cause that would be very awkward to say the least.
If anything it applies more.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I deactivated my Facebook account an hour ago.

Sometimes I just depress out, and delete accounts for no reason, other than to see if anyone notices.

Kind of a hobby.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
If I said hi to everyone who's online now I'd never sleep. But pretty sure the majority would say hey back because "hey" on it's own isn't creepy unless you never receive a reply and proceed to send the same message over and over again to the same person every day multiple times. I'm really nice too so I don't know why people wouldn't want to talk to me.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
If I said hi to everyone who's online now I'd never sleep. But pretty sure the majority would say hey back because "hey" on it's own isn't creepy unless you never receive a reply and proceed to send the same message over and over again to the same person every day multiple times. I'm really nice too so I don't know why people wouldn't want to talk to me.

You're too nice. People worry you'll infect them with optimism.
Quote by Colohue
You're too nice. People worry you'll infect them with optimism.

Ha this actually happened today. A friend of mine doesn't want to be near me for the next few days because he thinks I'll affect his psychometric test results and prevent him from getting a job. Maybe it's not optimism but perhaps I am infectious
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Ha this actually happened today. A friend of mine doesn't want to be near me for the next few days because he thinks I'll affect his psychometric test results and prevent him from getting a job. Maybe it's not optimism but perhaps I am infectious

Given all the options in front of me, I'm going to go with 'no comment'.
last time i did this most people replied back and then i had too many messages to answer and then people(mostly girls thinking i was being a playa and ignoring them) got upset cause i couldnt or wouldnt reply back because it was taking too much of my time to keep up with conversations with alot of people
so nah i got class in like 30 minutes
Courage
noun
1. Sitting at your computer and sending a message to your friend

2. So brave
Quote by TheChaz
Courage
noun
1. Sitting at your computer and sending a message to your friend

2. So brave

THANKS, ROSEANNE!

I find your experiment interesting in you're trying to explore the idea of technology separating us when it is intended to bring us together.

But I think it falls flat in this case because Facebook is already pretty devoid of real interaction. And if someone really wanted to start a conversation with me (or vice versa) there are much better ways of doing so.

TL;DR - it's not 2002 and instant messaging through websites is dead.
The majority of people on my fb are people I haven't talked to in ages. So yea, no.
Lolno there are freaks and losers on fb who try this all the time. Like they'll make statuses like 'pm me I'm bored' lulz
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by triface
Surely this doesn't apply to conversations with same-sex friends? Cause that would be very awkward to say the least.
I did it. Had a giggle and continued our lives.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.