Hello, fellow UGers. I've sort of been itching for a new amp (not really needing one), but instead of just catering to what I normally play (clean/edge of breakup amp with pedals), I've been wanting to experiment with other sounds. I like Fender amps a lot and they probably make a more pedal friendly platform, but it's sort of just another flavor of the same formula that I already use. What I think I want is a good channel switcher that could still let me run pedals into the front end of the clean channel, but also have a nice overdrive channel to experiment with (natural amp distortion is different and sometimes better for other things). I also don't really need very high wattage so 30 watts should be plenty for me. I mostly play chimey indie rock stuff and kind of raunchy alternative rock stuff (think more fuzzed out Switchfoot or Foo Fighters kind of sounds), but a tighter and more defined overdrive sound would be nice sometimes for more modern rock song ideas I have, instead of cranking my Vox top boost channel or using my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET. My price range is probably around $600, so it's a little limited. Any ideas?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Egnater Tweaker 40-112
Marshall DSL401
Mesa DC-2
Peavey Classic 30
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yep. i was about to say you described my amp perfectly.

its 2 channels, both are teh same, and tweakers are known for having a sweet spot on teh edge of breakup. if you set the channel right, it can be very clean and very pedal friendly all teh way up to hard rock / softer metal if you boost it right. i do admit, the stock sovtek 12ax7was must go though. too fizzy.

it does ambient indie hard rock perfectly. cranking it can resemble a slight raunchy fuzz depending how its set. i may just have to upload some crappy i phone recorded noodles of mine.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I actually tried the Tweaker 15 and my thought was that if it had a bit more clean headroom and a second channel, it would go from being a good amp to a great amp. Looks like the Tweaker 40 is the reality to my hypothetical opinion. I've actually been looking at either the Peavey Classic 30 or that. I just have to decide. Thanks for the suggestions.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Have you tried the Fender Supersonic? I know you said no Fender's but it meets all the criteria you listed. You can find em used for around 600 sometimes