So, being a long time fan of Neil´s, always loved the tones and looks of his beloved "Old Black". Last year after getting a good deal on a Goldtop 50s tribute, it came to my mind (like one of those Eureka! moments ) that I could finally try and do a replica using the Goldtop. I contacted a well known luthier in Spain (AP Luthier) and after a few emails back and forth we decided to start the project. I started to get a few "extras" that the guitar would need (Bigsby B7, amber hat knobs, amber switch tip, etc) and sent him over the guitar. The project is still ongoing but just about to get finished..

You will see that the attention to detail is almost unparalleled (apart from the guitar being a 50s tribute and not a ´53 ). The bridge pickup is from a Firebird Custom, all aluminum parts aged very closely to original, the back stripe is maple, the headstock has Honduran mahogany, etc etc...All with the intention of getting as close as possible to the real thing...

Here´s AP Luthier´s website where you can see the process. It´s in Spanish but you get the idea and there´s lots of pics. Ask me if you wanna know or have questions about the process . Currently one of our "problems" is to find a pic of the original "Old Black" hard case.

There are several replicas out there but we´d be interested to see a pic of Neil´s. If anyone knows or has a pic it´d be appreciated!

Enjoy:

http://www.ap-luthier.com/AP-Luthier/OldBlack.htm

Cheers!
My my hey hey!
Rock 'n' roll is here to stay!

Nice work. Love the case
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Thanks!. We´re working on the getting the site translated to English , soon it will be ready hopefully!.
Quote by The Judist
My my hey hey!
Rock 'n' roll is here to stay!

Nice work. Love the case

Thanks! Those are computer generated pics of the words, of how´d it look with the 2 different versions available today, that´s why we´re searching for a pic of "the real thing" so to get it as accurate as possible...
Insane attention to detail, and it seems an excellent luthier. Brilliant job. Looking forward to your NGD thread.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Hello friends, nice to greet and thank their words with me.
I do not speak much English but thanks to google god we can communicate with you all

receive a cordial greeting
www.ap-luthier.com
Quote by AP Luthier
Hello friends, nice to greet and thank their words with me.
I do not speak much English but thanks to google god we can communicate with you all

receive a cordial greeting

Thanks Andres to you .