I really need a good noise gate to clean up my signal at high volumes while running multiple pedals. I will get the normal noise, but also huge screeching volume spikes when I don't turn the guitar volume completely down or muting strings while not playing for more than a few seconds. Highly annoying. I've read many different reviews and it seems the ISP is the best non tone sucking. In looking at the ISP decimate 2 but am not sure if I should get normal or g string because I'm on a budget and 250 new is a lot if it won't do a lot more than the normal. Can anyone explain? Also the gate CANNOT do the annoying fade in of the notes you know? I don't want it to affect the playing at all, just the screeching and hum. So if the ISP will do this let me know thanks! I currently have a peavey envoy 110 but going to hopefully get peavey 212 6505 soon
i'd get a new amp first just in case you don't have these problems with it

that screeching could be microphonic pickups- if so get your pickups potted (or just get new pickups) rather than a gate

that's not to say a gate won't help even if you get a new amp or your pickups fixed, but it normally makes more sense to fix what's broken first.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a ISP decimator that I just throw in the loop. It keeps the hiss that tends to form with higher gain stuff at bay. If I bump it up a little it can keep boost dead silent as well.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
ISP decimator.... In the loop to kill hiss. Up front to kill feedback.
I'd get the regular ISP. It will still work great if you get a 6505.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000