So I have this question that has been bugging me lately,

So I am starting to play guitar, electric specifically after reading a lot of reviews on UG website I picked up ESP LTD Viper-50 Silver Sunburst, I just like the SG feel the chrome hardware and so on.

ESP Viper-50 specs :

Basswood body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
24 Jumbo frets
Bridge TOM Bridge and Tailpiece
Neck PU ESP-Designed LH150
Bridge PU ESP-Designed LH150
Vol Tone/Toggle Switch

Taken from ESP Website

So my question is this, is it worth to mod this guitar as my journey goes? I want to put Seymour Duncans JB SH-4 And Jazz, later change bridge to tone pros locking tuners/ perhaps nut etc, I want to make my guitar playing as a job.

So is it worth modding lower-end guitars and make them sound on par with high end, I know that basswood is not best wood and it perhaps is cheap and that neck is bolt on. Or its better to buy better guitar later on?

Thanks for your answer
Mark.
IMHO a good guitar has a lot to do with the quality of the wood. You can change just about everything about a guitar except for the wood. As for modding, the possibilities are endless. Find a guitar/body type that plays well to you and mod that.
It really only matters to find something that plays and sounds good to you. There's squire guitars that I've played that play better than their fender counterparts. I have 3 LTD EC1000s that I wouldn't trade or give up for anything and have changed pickups in them to get a broader range of sound.

But honestly, how long have you been playing? I doubt you've been playing long enough to really know what you do and don't like. Give it a year or so with what you have, play some different guitars in music shops and learn the differences and how they feel and sound.

Modding cheap guitars can be fine if you have a gem. But most of the time you're better off just saving your money and buying a great guitar for the money you'd have other wise spent on parts.

And don't forget the importance of a decent amp as well. That can make all the difference too.