Ok so I had a dream last night I was playing guitar to some cool song (?) in the dream and I played some freakin awesome guitar solo which was totally improv in my dream (100% true). it was kind of like mastodon the czar.

why can't I do that in real life?

I think it's happened to me once or twice before, does it ever happen to you?
Yeah this happens when I'm stoned out of my mind while laying in bed. Good call on The Czar, that's definitely one of my favorite my guitar solos ever.
This happens to me every day.
Keep playing and keep getting better at improvisation. Stay away from scales, and you'll start soloing like mad in a few years

My recommendation, don't think about what you're playing and don't look at your frets. I've become a better guitarist and solo-er because of this.
lately I've been getting a lot better, and it's not like I wasn't good before. I was a rhythm player before, and now I've been working on soloing and lead stuff which has improved my lead and rhythm skills.

Edit: but no, I don't have dreams that I'm soloing.
Last edited by ehbacon at Feb 10, 2014,
Quote by captainsnazz
solos lol

yea seriously cmon people smarten up it's 2014

It happens quite often for me and it depresses the shit out of me cause I can never recreate what I dream.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
One time I totally had a dream I was with a group of people and we started playing Holy Diver and I sang.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
When you hear cool sounds in your head, make a little recording of you singing the sounds. Yes, it'll sound dumb. Then take the time to correlate each note to the recording. Piece it together and learn to play it. Gradually speed it up, and voila.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Yeah, that happens to me all the time. Every now and then I'll wake up and play what I heard...sometimes it works out pretty well.
It's because when you're playing guitar, you're thinking too much about playing guitar, and not thinking enough about the notes you want to play. To get the fluidity to be able to play what's in your head instantly, you need to know where the notes are on the fretboard without thinking about it. Than you can play from the mind rather than from piecing together scales, or reverting to standard licks and the like.

It just takes a shit tonne of practice.
RIP Gooze

cats
all of my music related dreams revolve around me sounding like a woman, because thats what i wish my singing voice was like
serious talk i do actually wake up with a really catchy and original beat in my head occasionally but forget it after a few hours. but not solos becuase im no show off.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by mulefish
It's because when you're playing guitar, you're thinking too much about playing guitar, and not thinking enough about the notes you want to play. To get the fluidity to be able to play what's in your head instantly, you need to know where the notes are on the fretboard without thinking about it. Than you can play from the mind rather than from piecing together scales, or reverting to standard licks and the like.

mm

i'm finally reaching this point now. it's incredible
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
You only think it's good because you're dreaming.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I usually start hearing riffs in my head at work, and then by the time i get to a guitar i either can't remember it anymore, or it doesn't sound as good on a guitar?
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
Quote by buxeyy
I usually start hearing riffs in my head at work, and then by the time i get to a guitar i either can't remember it anymore, or it doesn't sound as good on a guitar?

This happens to me all the time same with if I dream a solo or riff I can never remember it well enough once I wake up to play it in real life.
Quote by mulefish

I suddenly feel special as I am actually able to do this for the most part.

In regards to "dream-writing": I've written little things in my sleep before but they usually wouldn't be worth shit when I played them on guitar. Sounded way better in the dream.

On the other hand, I have written some really jacked up shit while stoned. Like a song about a guy in a vision who was a stickfigure with a beard and sunglasses who I named "Mr. Beardman," who didn't really do anything. But he answered questions.

And I think that song involved more of me speeding through the woods on a bicycle past a bunch of pine and maple trees and eating leaves or something. However it went...
Quote by Badmotorfingers
Ok so I had a dream last night I was playing guitar to some cool song (?) in the dream and I played some freakin awesome guitar solo which was totally improv in my dream (100% true). it was kind of like mastodon the czar.

why can't I do that in real life?

I think it's happened to me once or twice before, does it ever happen to you?

Yes. Sometimes I've dreamed that I can fly like Superman.

Why can't I do that in real life?