So I'm currently trying to record some guitar tracks. I've decided to use mics, run them into a PA and then run that into a computer. I've done a fair bit of direct in recording and am usually pretty good about addressing latency issues. However today I'm experiencing a behavior that is down right bizarre. As I adjust the latency settings in any of my DAWs and bring the input signal close to being zeroed to my generated click track, suddenly my latency will begin increasing. Even if I give up on zeroing the input to the generated click the latency slowly increases each time I record. I can't for the life of me figure out hat's going on. At first I assumed it was the interface I was using(reaper) but FL Studio, Audacity, & Mixcraft all exhibit the same issue.
And as I said I've recorded a fair amount using direct in with this computer and I've never had this issue.
Any idea on what might be causing this?
Hold on - So you're taking the stereo outs of the PA and plugging them right into your computer's soundcard?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Hold on - So you're taking the stereo outs of the PA and plugging them right into your computer's soundcard?

Yes, though I'm not certain the audio from the PA is stereo. Pretty sure it's mono actually.
I gave up and just tried recording with the best I could get it, oddly it turned out way better than I though it would but whatever. Still curious to figure out why does the latency thing though.
The fact that you're running sound from your PA directly into your computers soundcard is what is causing the lag.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!