I have a logitech webcam, and while it is decent on video it isn't so much for recording the noise from my guitar... It can't seem to handle loud noise very well. I'm looking for a decent webcam to record my playing, preferably under the $200 mark. I like recording myself cause i think it makes me a better player if i do so. Anyways any good suggestions?
why a webcam? buy a portable recoding device.

or do you need to see yourself playing?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
why a webcam? buy a portable recoding device.

or do you need to see yourself playing?

+1

There are loads of recommendations for standalone multitrackers and PC interfaces in the recordings forum Interfaces sticky if you primarily want a way of recording yourself.

Even if you want to make videos of your playing, recording the sound separately will make the end product far superior than if you just use the camera's inbuilt mic for the sound.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I bought a portable recoding device last spring/summer, works like a charm for recording sketches/plans for my own material at least. But i'm recording singing + acoustic guitar only, but I've had a friend lay some electric guitar on it as well and it's not very abd for that either.
I just prefer watching my playing, i really think it does help me. I am just a self taught guitarist since 2006, and i never had anyone to play with to give me feedback because none of my friends play an instrument of any kind. So i kind of just give myself feed back, seeing how i can improve upon myself and what not. Sometimes i realize just how horrid i sound when watching my videos...
okay, if you can get it synched i think you're better off with just recording the music separately because the sound quality will be superior and just watch the webcam recording as well.

but if watching it is prio one I guess you're gonna get a webcam yeah
Spending that much on a webcam is crazy, you're better off buying a point-and-shoot camera at that point. But really, the best way to set this up would be a $100 mic -> $100 USB audio interface -> your computer, then synchronize with the video later
If you're only doing it so you can check yourself out, quality doesn't matter. Just use the cam on your phone.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
lolwat is this early 2000s
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.