Budget- under $400

Favorite Artists- She likes Metallica, Disturbed, etc.

Preferences- She's played on my guitars and says she wants thin neck. I was thinking fixed bridge would also be good but I guess blocking isn't that much of a hassle. So I guess Ibanez, ESP, maybe Charvel?

Pickups- no preference

New or Used

Located in San Marcos Tx. 30 min from Austin and 45 min from San Antonio

Current Gear- She has a First Act guitar, doesn't really matter what model. She hates it. She also just got a Peavey Vypyr

She's also pretty big in to the aesthetics. So if it's "pretty", that's also a plus.

I was looking at the reviews on this site and all I see are low budget guitars being given low ratings because they being compared to more expensive ones. Every time I find a guitar I think looks good, it has a <7 rating. It seems on low-budget amps there is always one or two that everyone pretty much agrees on, or the "go-to". Is there a guitar or two with the same respect?

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by donegan_zealot at Feb 11, 2014,
used ltd 400 series would be great.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
A Godin Redline HB is a well made (made in Canada), good looking, hardtail Superstrat with a pair of hot humbuckers and a slender neck.

New, they're @$500. Used, they're under $400.

I addition, Fernandes- a company that generally caters to hard rockers- is having a clearance sale on limited quantities of their guitars via their direct sales website. The prices are stoopid low, but when a model sells out, that's it. They're mostly MiK.

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 11, 2014,
Good deal on this BC ASM from Guitar Center used..

Construction: neck-through
Body wood: Mahogany
Top style: flat top
Tuners: Grover

Fretboard: ebony
Frets: 24 jumbo
Scale: 25 1/2"

Bridge: Floyd Rose Original
Pickups: EMG 85 neck, 81 bridge
Controls: 1 volume, 1 three-way toggle and 1 tone

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-BC-RICH-ASM-PRO-WHITE-109415721-i3355343.gc
[..BLACKFIRE..]