Page 1 of 2
Just a thread to help me understand the generation most UGers are from. What were your first personal music players, video game consoles (if you play video games), computer you used, guitars, CD purchase, etc!
My first personal music player was a tape player, I think a Sanyo.
First video game console was a SNES that I found at a flea market for $5
First computer I used was a '97 Dell loaded with Windows
First guitar was a Johnson Acoustic, and i still have it.

What are yours?
my first music player was some cd-player of random name, had RUN DMC, Outkast, Beastie Boys and some other stuff on cd's.
my first video game console was some amiga computer, never had a console
first own computer - ibm of some sort, no idea
first guitar was an Ibanez Sa something, before that I used my dad's guitars, epiphone and a Catalunya acoustic.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
um

My first personal music player was a portable CD player that I kept in my backpack. I remember listening to Hootie and the Blowfish on my walks back from school lol

First console was NES. First one that was actually mine was an N64, the NES was my dad's.

First computer.. hmm, I think it was a Gateway or Dell. God, what horrid memories.

First guitar was a Taylor acoustic I got from my grandparents.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
My first personal music player was a battery operated mp3 player, sandisk I think and I still have it and use it.
First video game console was a gameboy pocket with pokemon silver
First computer I used was a computer with windows, I really have no idea other than the fact it had windows.
First guitar was a Mini Squier black that I got for $9 with an amp from a friend.
my first bj - ur mum

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
my first music player was some cd-player of random name, had RUN DMC, Outkast, Beastie Boys and some other stuff on cd's.
my first video game console was some amiga computer, never had a console
first own computer - ibm of some sort, no idea
first guitar was an Ibanez Sa something, before that I used my dad's guitars, epiphone and a Catalunya acoustic.

A mixed disc, I assume? Or did you just have several CDs?
Quote by MinterMan22
my first bj - ur mum

Thats classy.
Luckily I knew this response would cum
Quote by Ablast
A mixed disc, I assume? Or did you just have several CDs?

several cds.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Music player = Panasonic CD player of some sort
Game console = Playstation
Computer = Toshiba satellite laptop. Can't remember the exat model number. I think it was the A51.
Guitar = Yamaha C40
First personal music playe: wony walkman something or other
First video game console: sega genesis
First computer: some gateway/ibm whatever with windows 95
First guitar: shitty knock off blue strat
First audio player? cassette player
First video game console? Super nintendo
1st CPU? never owned one I use the one at my job haha
1st guitar? It was a beringer strat rip off my dad got at the "pulga"(flee market)
Whats goes around must come down
First audio player =cassette player of some kind
first video console=sega mega drive
1st computer=I think it was a tiny with windows 2000 I think
1st guitar=sunn mustang which I still have and use near enough everyday.had it for nearly 20 years now.
My first personal music player was a tape player - CD player. Said it wasn't supposed to skip, but it still did.
First video game console - N64
First computer - I think the first one that was expressly mine was an old Compaq
First guitar - 3/4 size guitar my dad gave me
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
A sony boombox
NES
an IBM desktop that had word processing and a wheel of fortune game with a dot matrix printer
A kingston guitar gotten from a tiny music shop
My first music player was a walk-man cassette player knock off.
My first video game console was a NES.
My first computer was a 486.
My first guitar was a LTD H-200 that I still own and play quite often.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Handy J: Your mother.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
First music player was a portable tape deck. I had a few KISS tapes and the Space Jam official sound track.

First video-game console was either a SNES, a Sega Genesis or a TurboGrafx-16. I don't remember which one, but I remember having all 3 (My dad owned a game store. I was spoiled lol)

First computer was a hand-me-down from my Dad. I don't remember what brand or whatever (I remember he used to build computers. Always had top of the line stuff. Dat Intel Pentium II was a beast!), but I remember it ran Windows 98 like a champ :-) Many great memories playing Unreal Tournament '99, Unreal, Diablo II, and Deus Ex on that badboy.

First guitar was a mini electric from Toys R Us I got for my 5th birthday. I wasn't interested. Got back into music when I was 14.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Feb 11, 2014,
First Computer = Teletype
First Portable Music Device = Toshiba walkman knockoff
First Car = 76 Olds 98
First Video Game Console = Magnavox Odyssey
First Celebrity Crush = Heather Thomas
First 45 = Billy Joel Uptown Girl
First CD = Elton John Yellow Brick Road
First Musical Instrument = A ****ing Trombone that I got stuck with after an older brother just had to have the ****er.
Last edited by seabear70 at Feb 11, 2014,
My first music player was a stereo set, with CD, radio and cassette deck. Still have it.
My first portable music player was a random MP3 player with 256mb capacity, ran on a single AA battery. Notbad.jpeg.
My first console was a Sega Genesis. It had Doom. I was 3. Awesome.
My first PC was an Amiga A1500 hand-me-down. Again, I was young. Even better.
My first handheld was a Gameboy Colour. Pokemon Red was my second game on it, the first one some silly Silvester & Tweety puzzle game.

The late 90s. Good times.
Quote by Lord_Doku
My first music player was a stereo set, with CD, radio and cassette deck. Still have it.
My first portable music player was a random MP3 player with 256mb capacity, ran on a single AA battery. Notbad.jpeg.
My first console was a Sega Genesis. It had Doom. I was 3. Awesome.
My first PC was an Amiga A1500 hand-me-down. Again, I was young. Even better.
My first handheld was a Gameboy Colour. Pokemon Red was my second game on it, the first one some silly Silvester & Tweety puzzle game.

The late 90s. Good times.

Yea the 90s were a simpler time
My first music player was some casette player, I think it was a Sony
My first console was a Super NES
My first PC was one of those 1988 Mac's that had the keyboard attached. I also stole my dad's black and white screened laptop
My first handheld was a Gameboy
Music player: a crappy MP3, only like 128 MB or something
Video game consoles: first one I bought was a PS2, but had played NES for the first Computer you used: An early 2000's Dell with Windows XP
Guitars: First electric was a crappy ol' Ion, can find it for 25 bucks brand new on most websites
CD purchase: Probably an Aerosmith CD
Music Player - cd player
Video game console - playstation 1
Guitar - cheap spanish acoustic guitar for like 40 euro
First cd - Back in Black - ACDC
First Music Player: Sony Walkman, you know that iconic grey one!
First Gaming Console: Original Nintendo
First Computer: Commodore 64
First Guitar: Terada P.O.S Acoustic from the 70s
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
1st music player - CD player
1st console - PlayStation
1st guitar - My dad's squier
1st CD - Foo Fighters Greatest Hits
First music player was a kids cassette player that allowed me to rock out to all the tunes. Wheels on the bus, pop goes the weasel, bed time stories...Man that thing was better than an iPod. Even had cartoon animals on it
First console was a Gameboy Colour with Pokemon Red. I had a Blastoise and regret more than anything deleting that save....there may have been a tearful farewell with Blastoise :/
First computer I remember I have no idea what make it was, I was too young, but I do remember it crashed when we were playing Sims and my parents threw it out before we remembered to take out the disc. Sad times
First CD- Robbie Williams. And I have no shame in that.
First guitar was a red encore Strat which I still have. With the strings that came with it. 12 years ago....There are High school kids younger than my strings.
First Vinyl- Black Sabbath Paranoid
First CD- AC/DC Back in Black
First Musical Instrument- Guitar
Computer- I Forgot the Name
First Video game Console- X Box (original not 360)
First music player was a Sony Walkman which my sister had given to me. It had a little battery pack on the top, I used it until 2011, when I got my first iPhone 3GS which took over as my music player
First console was a game boy colour, had the games Pokemon red and legend of Zelda:links awakening DX
First computer I owned, is my MacBook which is got in 2011, which i use for my university work and recording now
First CD was twelve stops and home by the feeling, absolutely balling CD
First guitar was a Yamaha Pacifica 012 I think, in lake placid blue
First music player - turntable
First VG console - Intellivision
First computer used - Tandy TRS -80 (grade 1 - circa 1977)
First CD - Dark Angel - Live Scars
First Tape - Foreigner - 4 (Juke Box Hero)
First Vinyl - Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
First 8-Track - Red Sovine - Phantom 309
First Guitar - Mako White Strat copy
Oh Boy! do I feel OLD!
Man this makes me feel old...

First personal music player was a tape cassette Walkman with bass boost and auto reverse feature so you didnt' have to change your tapes over. late 80s

First gaming console - the first one we ever had was loaned to us by someone else for a few weeks...
We had pong and breakout and maybe one other game.

The first one that we owned and that I played on all the time was the Atari 7800

I was the king of that machine and beat a lot of games.

The first computer I ever used was at school when I as 7 or 8. We had to programme the computer to display a Christmas tree made of asterisks with a blinking star on top. This took copying lines and lines of code and took 40+ minutes.
I think the computer was something like this...

My fist guitar was a classical guitar that my parents bought for my sister one year and she never played but hid away in an wardrobe somewhere. I found it a few years later and claimed it as my own.

First album I owned was a tape cassette - it was either Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet, Beastie Boys - License to Ill, or Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction.

Can't remember the first CD.
Si
First music player - not really mine but I'm the only one who uses the family one from the 80s. Have no idea what the model is or anything like that.

First video game console - Playstation 2

First CD - not sure but might be Pearl Jam Ten

First guitar - Jay Turser JT-220 electric
First personal music player: Probably an old Sony cassette walkman, several boomboxes, and a cassette recorder.
First game console: Original NES, brand new out of the box. My sister and I would fight over Duck Hunt for days!
First computer: I don't even remember the brand name but it ran MS DOS 5.0 and had two 5 1/4" floppy disk drives, ran on 256kb of RAM, and had a 40MB HDD.
First guitar: Some nameless acoustic guitar I got from my uncle that I never played. The first one I did play was my Korean '87 Squier Bullet that I got for my 13th birthday.
First music I ever purchased by format:
- Cassette: Boston's Greatest Hits, out of a Columbia mail-order catalogue
- CD: Tool's "Lateralus"
- Digital: CANO's "Eclipse" album
- Vinyl: Muse's "The Resistance"

A first that gives a clue to my generation for Ontarians: I was in grade 10 during the first year Ontario required the Literacy Test to graduate.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Music player: some MP3 player
Game console: Gameboy Advance SP
First guitar: a 3/4 size Fender Acoustic
First CD: Queen - Greatest hits
My first music playing device that I owned was a discman, I used an old walkman for a while before. Travelling Wilbury's was the tape I remember most, first CD I remember buying was Infest by Papa Roach.

My first console was a Sega Master System? I'm not sure thats what it was called but I think it was the last Sega system to play cartridges. it was my uncle's but he gave it to me when I was a kid, I remember playing some helicopter game and a street fighter-like game.

My first computer that was mine personally was my Macbook that I use now, but the first family computer we got was a Dell with Windows 95 that I played a bunch of floppy disc games on.

My first guitar was a Hamer that I got for Chrristmas in grade 6. I still have it. First and only acoustic, the guitar I play most to this day, is a 40+ year old Martin that my dad owned and gave to me.

This is an awesome thread.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
My first music player was an Ipod Nano with 4 gigs on it (7th grade)
My first console was a Super Nintendo but the first one I owned was a Gamecube.
My first computer was a Dell with Windows 2000 on it, not mine though. I didn't own a computer myself until last year and its a Thinkpad.
My first guitar was a used Ibanez that I still have.
First personal music player? Sony Walkman cassette player.
First games console? Amstrad CPC.
First computer? If not the Amstrad, as that was mainly for video games, it was some old POS that had Windows '95.
First guitar? A Stagg acoustic.
First CD? Westlife - Self Titled (I am thoroughly ashamed of myself for this) or Shania Twain (I am thoroughly ashamed of this, also).
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Feb 11, 2014,
My first personal music player was a Sony Walkman... listening mostly to Bon Jovi's Keep The Faith album then some Bryan Adams and Aerosmith Tapes, I also listened to Bee Gees greatest hits album at that time.

First video game console was a 90's Famicom - played mostly Super Mario Bros., Contra, NBA, Some Street Fighter knockoff, Tank City, etc...

First computer I used was an IBM PC with Windows 95 loaded.

First guitar was a Weinstein Acoustic Guitar. My sister lend it to some neighbor who didn't give it back and suddenly disappeared along with the guitar. It took me a decade to finally forgive my sister for that. hehehehehe....
My first personal music player was a tape player - My parents had a record player and i kind of remember listening to vinyls on that, but the first music player we purchased after i was born was a cassette player. I can't remember if it played CDs or not.

First video game console - Gameboy if it counts, if not, Sega Genesis.

First computer - I can't remember, i think it might have been a Compaq. I will always have memories of Windows 95, complete with Doom, Age Of Empires, Command And Conquer, and Mind Maze.

First guitar - This crappy small guitar that my brother purchased with my granddad at a car boot sale. First one i played properly was a Squire Strat, although i started playing bass a few months before i started playing guitar. Before that i played cornet, but it didn't last too long and i was really bad at it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Feb 11, 2014,
Page 1 of 2