Hey
I ve got Randall rh200sc g2 series and i cant get a good sound for heavy metal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust the settings on Ampu that will be suitable for heavy metal - iron maiden and that stuff, I know it will not be same as iron maiden s sound but now all i can get out of my amp is a shitty noise of bees and i dont know how to fix it. So what shall i do ? Any suggestions ? Please

Level: ?
Reverb: ?
Contour: ?
Bass: ?
Middle: ?
Treble: ?
Gain 1(rhythm): ?
Gain 2(lead): ?

Tnx guys.
Last edited by bboyjure at Feb 11, 2014,
It would help to know what you have it set to now. Anyway, try this-
Level: As desired
Reverb: 11-12 o'clock
Contour: Not sure, experiment
Bass: 2-4 o'clock
Middle: 10-11 o'clock
Treble: 1-3 o'clock depending on what you like
Gain is up to you as well usually on most amp I set it like 3 o'clock

Best regards
Raconteurs Fan Guy
Settings threads are against the rules

But I will say don't cut out your mids.

InB4close
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
For when i had my rh200, i used the red channel with gain on zero, and had a beta aiven noise gate with volume control to give me more gain. In front of that i used an ibanez tubescreamer with gain on min, tone halfway, level max. Then channel volume, bass mid treble contour all @ 3:00. Master volume to taste. With the green channel gain up a bit to match the red channels gain. Probably halfway. For cleans i had the bass and mids mostly all the way down, cause shoot its got alot of bass. Treble to taste. A little trick i found useful for the reverb was to take some foam and stuff it in the springs. Made the control into a treble contour thats footswitchable. If i had it again, i would use a boss ns2 in x-pattern in front of the amp and in the loop. Cuts guitar and amp noise dead silent. Oh and i used to put a dano eq in the loop to use as volume boost. Im sure an mxr microamp or ehx linear boost would work better. One knob lol. But try the gain on zero, and the buzz will dissapear. Then just add the gain back with a ts9 or ts7. Thats the only way i could make it sound good.
The Randall is a bit modern for Maiden, I would make sure to add a heaping helping of mids, go easy on your bass, the treble is up to you, when I had my RH200 I kept it right about 12 o'clock most the time. Keep the gain low, Maiden isn't a super distorted sound. Other than that, experiment, I would give you a hint with the contour but I can't remember which way it was oriented.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The contour was when its lower it scoops ur mids. When higher, it gave u more. With it all the way up, it squishes the treble down a bit and tons of mids. I used the green gain for maiden. Red for leads.
Quote by coldandhomeless
The contour was when its lower it scoops ur mids. When higher, it gave u more. With it all the way up, it squishes the treble down a bit and tons of mids. I used the green gain for maiden. Red for leads.

Gotcha, been a while since I had mine. Awesome amp for the price, a hard to beat gigging metal amp in that bracket.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.