Back in late 2012 I got a Godin Velocity which has a Seymour Duncan SH5 in the bridge. This is only my second electric guitar but this pickup is almost my dream pickup, I love everything about it apart from the highs. It's too harsh and bright. The bass and mids are perfect on the other hand.

So I was wondering, is there any way to change the sound of this pickup without actually changing the pickup? (Or is there a pickup that sounds almost the same as the SH5 but with less highs?).
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
you should be able to use the tone knob for that maybe. possibly replace a cap on the knobs
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
1. turn down the tone knob on your guitar.

2. turn down the treble knob on your amp.

3. try dialing back the volume on your guitar a little bit.

4. try changing your tone potentiometer out for a 250k if it has a 500k, this may help.
Quote by katalyzt13

4. try changing your tone potentiometer out for a 250k if it has a 500k, this may help.

Bingo.
lower the pickup on the treble side?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think it has all been covered by the guys above. You could possibly try playing around with the electronics, changing the tone resistor or trying different type of resistor for the tone filter. It is possible that your guitar's scheme doesn't have one, so maybe adding one will do the trick.
Other ways to do it would be getting an eq pedal or compressor and seeing if these will help tame it.
Quote by diabolical
I think it has all been covered by the guys above.

There are a LOT of other ways of tweaking a pickup. but leave the 500K alone. That's a fairly gross (as in large-scale) adjustment.

One of the best and easiest is to work with something like a GE-7 7-band or MXR 10-band EQ as the first thing in your FX chain. You can work with a much finer band of correction.
Changing a pot is a big job?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by dspellman
There are a LOT of other ways of tweaking a pickup. but leave the 500K alone. That's a fairly gross (as in large-scale) adjustment.

One of the best and easiest is to work with something like a GE-7 7-band or MXR 10-band EQ as the first thing in your FX chain. You can work with a much finer band of correction.

Spend £80 on a EQ pedal or £3 on a new pot and solder it yourself?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Changing the pot in my tele from 250 to 500 made a pretty big difference for me.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify