I am looking to get another acoustic I liked my old one I use to have a ibanez AEL model I dont know much about it i.e dreadnought or concert, price... it was a Christmas present. I don't have it anymore and can't find one anywhere. I am looking for a good acoustic for no more then $300 and left handed ( that really narrows my choices)
well brother, $300 will only put you in the Suck. there are some good choices still. fear not.
yamaha makes some great ones within your budget. the FG700s is only $200 and compares to guitars at 2-3 times it's price.
considering your background, I'd recommend an Ovation. good, military grade equipment(and not made by haliburton! ). the mid depth ones or deep bowled ones would be what your looking for. a CC44, 1778, 2078 or similar. i love my Ovations. good solid gear that plays well and holds up to atmospheric imbalances(humidity) very well. my O's hold their own plugged in against my taylors and Martins at much less.
there are many more decent choices but that should point you in the right direction( most here will try to get you to buy whatever guitar they last bought... wait for it)
never pick up a rock when an M-67 is what you need to do the job !
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
not a whole lot of love in any of the forums for fender acoustics. i had a cd60 for a very short time. gave it away as fast as i could. Fender's new higher end ones may do well on tone( i can't get past the looks and price tag) i do hear some decent ramblings about Fender's Sonoran( namely by one opinionated fuzzy curmudgeon who i assume will be along soon to belittle me yet again....sigh...) if you can get past the cheesy sales pitch !
you able to check out some music shops and try a few dozen different ones out?
I've never liked the Fender acoustics, sound too thin to me.
If you're looking for a guitar in that price range Yamaha are the general choice.

Takamine have some decent guitars in that price range.

Seagull make really nice sounding guitars, and they do have a series that is within your budget.
Try this eBay link. The Seagull S6 is an incredible value, a really good guitar, and there are a couple of left-handed ones for sale. I've never heard of anyone who had a Seagull and didn't love it.
Check out Alvarez acoustic guitars, I got an AD60 for Xmas and I love it. It's right in your price range and is made of quality wood,sounds and plays amazing.
i'd definitely get the yamaha FG700 before the fender CD100. if you were considering a fender, and weren't left handed, i'd suggest the CD140S or better, but i don't see a left handed model. seagulls are nice, and the original S6 (or probably the S6 slim) i'd recommend above the FG700, but it's above $300, teven during holiday sales. not sure about left handed models, but honestly the FG700 is nice, and i like the FG730, as well.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by USMC_VET_ROCKER
I am looking to get another acoustic I liked my old one I use to have a ibanez AEL model I dont know much about it i.e dreadnought or concert, price... it was a Christmas present. I don't have it anymore and can't find one anywhere. I am looking for a good acoustic for no more then $300 and left handed ( that really narrows my choices)
If you indeed have an, "AEL" model, that would be a Jumbo. (Ibanez, I think in their infinite nomenclature wisdom, implies that the "L" stands for large.

I have a lefty AEL10, (black cutaway, electronics, and arguably sadly, discontinued), that I kind of like. It's a laminate top though, and doesn't take well to PB strings, it likes brass , (80/20 alloy), to give of its best.

Ibanez still produces an "AEG" LH model. It's a cardboard turd. Run, don't walk, away from it.

Sadly, Yamaha only makes a thin body lefty A/E in the 7xx series.

A used, acoustic only, Seagull S-6 might be doable @ $300.00, but a new A/E version is about a nickel.

You can look at the Fender, "Sonoran", but here again, the lefty electric is going to run about $375, if, and only if, you buy it during the upcoming holiday. (Daily street price is about $430.00).

Dennis at Adirondack, has a ton of lefty guitars: http://www.adirondackguitar.com/adkguitar/GuitarsForSale.htm

I've bought 3 Crafter 12 strings from him. I know that doesn't help you one bit.

Plus, no Yamaha, Fender, or Seagulls in the place. He might have sdsomething in either Crafter, or Waldel that might interest you.

If you'll settle for acoustic only, Musician's Friend has this Yamaha: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/yamaha-fg720sl-left-handed-folk-acoustic-guitar You'd likely to get it for under $300.00 on the holiday
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 14, 2014,
Quote by tuxs
Gee Step.... I don't even know what a M-67 is? Cheers
I know, right? I've never even heard gossip past M-16....

UPDATE: I have now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M67_grenade

Basically, Step's analog was a former military insiders take on, "never take a knife to a gunfight"...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 15, 2014,
Thanks for the link Cranky... Holy s**t we are into grenade's now.

Still we could send one to the dude with the Zager a couple of days back. Cheers
Quote by tuxs
Thanks for the link Cranky... Holy s**t we are into grenade's now.

Still we could send one to the dude with the Zager a couple of days back. Cheers

yeah, we could send it and complain that the action on the pin is too high...hmm...