Hey guys,

I'm having a feedback issue with my gear.

The signal is as follows:

Guitar -> POD500 Pedal -> USB to Garageband

I've isolated the issue to my guitar that only creates a humming or hissing noise when the lead is plugged into the guitar... Could this be a problem with inside my guitar??

Thank you
So is the problem feedback or noise? Feedback would be a loud squeal, and noise is like a buzzing/humming. If it's noise, heres something:
1 Is there noise when you hands are on the stings
2 Does the noise go away when you mess around with the output jack of the guitar
If it's any of these, a wire may have come loose inside your guitar. So you need to open it up and look for any broken wires or something broken
Quote by xDaFormer
So is the problem feedback or noise? Feedback would be a loud squeal, and noise is like a buzzing/humming. If it's noise, heres something:
1 Is there noise when you hands are on the stings
2 Does the noise go away when you mess around with the output jack of the guitar
If it's any of these, a wire may have come loose inside your guitar. So you need to open it up and look for any broken wires or something broken

Hey mate,

Yes, sorry I meant to say noise. It's a very distinctive hissing and if I turn my Amp output way up I can occasionally hear some ticking and clicking noise every 15seconds or so...

I think I might just have to service the guitar as I'm not knowledgeable enough to open guitar up myself...

Does this sound like an expensive issue?
if the problem is in the guitar, then its probably a grounding issue. somewhere in the guitar, a wire probably became disconnected. the cable that usually gets disconnected is the ground/shield wire at the output jack. If you have soldering equipment, it should be an easy fix, but if you dont just take it to a tech. soldering equipment wouldnt be worth the price f you dont plan to use it for more than fixing your guitar this one time. A tech could find the problem easily and fix it if hes competent. and the price would vary, every tech has his price for this kind of thing.

if its not really in your guitar, then it might be noise from your POD preset. POD can be noisy as hell if you dont have a gate set correctly and if your setting has ridiculous gain/volume.

Id say, just take the guitar to a tech to see if he can find/fix the problem for a reasonable price.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by bustapr
if the problem is in the guitar, then its probably a grounding issue. somewhere in the guitar, a wire probably became disconnected. the cable that usually gets disconnected is the ground/shield wire at the output jack. If you have soldering equipment, it should be an easy fix, but if you dont just take it to a tech. soldering equipment wouldnt be worth the price f you dont plan to use it for more than fixing your guitar this one time. A tech could find the problem easily and fix it if hes competent. and the price would vary, every tech has his price for this kind of thing.

if its not really in your guitar, then it might be noise from your POD preset. POD can be noisy as hell if you dont have a gate set correctly and if your setting has ridiculous gain/volume.

Id say, just take the guitar to a tech to see if he can find/fix the problem for a reasonable price.

Yes turns out the issue lies in the POD.
I ran the guitar into a physical amp and silence...
I ran a clean bank on the POD with no effects and the amp hissed… Guess I'll just have to manage with this drawback.
does this hiss happen with all the presets? often times, a clean tone may be noisy in nature of tube amps. these simulation amps often try to clone the noisy characteristics of said amps. is there a screw somewhere on the POD or a little knob marked ground? if there is, try tightening it a bit. im pretty sure the POD500 has a noise gate. Try using it at the beginning of the fx chain. if none of these work, then youd look into the pedal warranty and see if you can get a replacement.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Did you try both cables (to and from the POD) to make sure they both are noise free?