Hey guys. I've been watching some videos and saw that the new 2014 Gibson Les Pauls have a push/push pot/knob that is supposed to add some kind of boost or something. I was wondering if you could use one of these as a kill switch. I have a flying v and I think i might re-wire it for 1 Vol. 1 Tone and a push/push kill switch.

Does anyone know where I can get one of theses pots? and is there a diagram for something like this for me to follow?
You may well find your answers in the killswitch thread (accessed from the Central Hub sticky).

Push/pull pots are readily available from all good guitar spares outlets (like Guitar Fetish) and online auction houses.
Last edited by von Layzonfon at Feb 12, 2014,
Sorry, I misread.

My favourite supplier over here has them.


And there's a few on ebay in among the standard push/pull ones.

I'm not being funny, but I got a slight roasting the other week for suggesting that people don't help themselves but these are the top two results from googling "push/push guitar pot". It took me literally 10 seconds.

sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the difference between Push/push, and push/pull? is it more so push it in to activate, push it again to deactivate?

BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Carvin SX300
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
A push/pull means you have to pull upwards on the knob to flip the switch. In a push/push, you just have to push it down to change the switch, sort of like a pedal footswitch.