Ok so i've decided that in a couple of years i'll hopfully have enough money to upgrade my amp (Roland 20XL) and i'm looking at getting a Tube Amplifier and liked the looks of the DSL 15C, i plan to 'try before i buy' anyway however i have a few questions

I go through phases of songs i want to learn so i'm wondering can this amp output tones such as the following:

Metallica Style
Maiden Style
Clapton Style
The Who Stye
The Darkness Style
a nice warm clean tone (for those love songs i wanna learn)
80s Glam/Hair Metal Style

Now i KNOW that i won't be able to replicate a specific bands tone without getting the gear they have, however i feel my amp lacks something not sure what it is, i'm not happy with the dist sound (might be the fact that it's a SS amp not a Tube Amp)

Ideally i'd love to produce tones, like in the following videos as well as the possibility to get heavier metal tones from it (hense the list)

Additional Note: Budget of about £500

Note II: I'll most likley be living back with my parents or in a apartment by the time i buy this amp so nothing 'loud' also i have no cab so can't really buy a head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFc2anNLpy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1shl4n-Uj4

Note: Guitar is a Tokai SG with 10s and standard humbuckers (as in the ones it came with)
Last edited by Tcrumpen at Feb 13, 2014,
I was rather underwhelmed by the DSL15. What's your budget?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by Tcrumpen
Ok so i've decided that in a couple of years i'll hopfully have enough money to upgrade my amp (Roland 20XL) and i'm looking at getting a Tube Amplifier and liked the looks of the DSL 15C, i plan to 'try before i buy' anyway however i have a few questions

I go through phases of songs i want to learn so i'm wondering can this amp output tones such as the following:

Metallica Style
Maiden Style
Clapton Style
The Who Stye
The Darkness Style
a nice warm clean tone (for those love songs i wanna learn)
80s Glam/Hair Metal Style

Now i KNOW that i won't be able to replicate a specific bands tone without getting the gear they have, however i feel my amp lacks something not sure what it is, i'm not happy with the dist sound (might be the fact that it's a SS amp not a Tube Amp)

Ideally i'd love to produce tones, like in the following videos as well as the possibility to get heavier metal tones from it (hense the list)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFc2anNLpy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1shl4n-Uj4

Note: Guitar is a Tokai SG with 10s and standard humbuckers (as in the ones it came with)

Those are horrible versions of those songs WTF were they thinking

Why are you making a thread about an amp you want to buy in a few years? Your tastes will probably change.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Those are horrible versions of those songs WTF were they thinking

Why are you making a thread about an amp you want to buy in a few years? Your tastes will probably change.

I actually liked those songs, yes they arn't as good as the orignals but still, budget of about £500 and i'm looking now as thats what i do, i like to do research on the area ...
JCM2000 DSL
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Ultra/JSX/XXX/Triumph
Peavey Butcher
Peavey VTM
Jet City JCA 50 watters
Something from Traynor
Something from Laney

I'm not very familiar with the last two as far as particular models, others should be able to be a bit more specific
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
JCM2000 DSL
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Ultra/JSX/XXX/Triumph
Peavey Butcher
Peavey VTM
Jet City JCA 50 watters
Something from Traynor
Something from Laney

I'm not very familiar with the last two as far as particular models, others should be able to be a bit more specific

Not quite sure why you're lsiting these, you listing the amps that would be better than the DSL15C or just the amps in that price range?
All of them sound much better than the the DSL15c to me. Also when I say DSL on the first one, I mean the DSL401c, DSL50, ect.

I was extremely disappointed in the DSL15 combo I tried. It was muddy and lifeless in general. I wasn't even able to really use it as a platform to try pedals on.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
All of them sound much better than the the DSL15c to me. Also when I say DSL on the first one, I mean the DSL401c, DSL50, ect.

I was extremely disappointed in the DSL15 combo I tried. It was muddy and lifeless in general. I wasn't even able to really use it as a platform to try pedals on.

Ok will look into those, i don't have a cab so i can scratch of any heads