i have a Vox VT40+ and i'm looking for a multi-effects pedal to go with it. The problem is the metal channels giving a harsh sound after picking a note... Known as snare brush. I was wondering if a good pedal on a cleaner channel can become metal, without the snare brush. I love the vt40+ for everything from clean to hard rock but it does not do metal.

Either that or get a new amp with an OD pedal. Ive been looking at Ac15c1, and peavey classic 30. I play primarily blues rock, but occasionally step it up to Guns n roses, or metallica.

IVe been playing for 5 years now and im also a fan of jazz.

So is it pedal with VT40+
Or new amp with pedal? TUBE AMP!

I play a Gibson Les paul.
Canada is about 10,000,000 Square Kilometers, Without A Single Guitar Center!
---
Ibanezrocker13
As much as I like vox vt's either of those other amps are a massive upgrade. I'd go with tube amp and pedal.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by ibanezrocker13
I love the vt40+ for everything from clean to hard rock but it does not do metal

This sums up the Vox VT range perfectly

I definitely wouldn't recommend pedals though - I used to have the VT40 & never thought it worked well with pedals.

I also wouldn't recommend investing in pedals until you have a quality tube amp to play them through. That's definitely the next step in your journey towards the perfect setup.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'd get a new amp first.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone