Ok, a few years back, maybe 10, I came across a jackson at a pawn shop. It had a neck that was real thin like a wizard but rounded instead of flat on the back. It had duncan design pickups. It felt real light weight. The finish was almost like if you took a spray can primer and put about 5 coats on it. I think it was a dinky model.
This was by far my favorite shred guitar but I can't figure out what it was and I can't find another one. I've had other Jackson's and Ibanez and this was still my favorite. It couldn't have cost very much because the finish was crap but it felt great. Does anyone know what it might have been???
One of the older X series Dinkys?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sounds like a soloist or a dinky. i own both lol. My slsmg is one of the lightest guitars ive held.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Allegedly the SLSMG has been discontinued, I can't find one anywhere. I'm currently sat at my computer exclaiming "I need dis guitar in ma liffeee" whilst browsing pics and hordes of sites claiming "sorry, this product has been discontinued."
Quote by deathofagod
Allegedly the SLSMG has been discontinued, I can't find one anywhere. I'm currently sat at my computer exclaiming "I need dis guitar in ma liffeee" whilst browsing pics and hordes of sites claiming "sorry, this product has been discontinued."

Damn, has to be my favorite guitar I own. Super duper playable, everything feels so smooth and "tiny". Awesome stage guitar, very comfortable. AND the lightweight-ness seems to have little effect on tone. Shes super loud when played acoustically and when plugged in sounds nice and thick and rich.

Im also in love with my dkmgt though haha.
(signature removed, please choose another)
I just got the dinky dkxt at guitar center, matched price of $250 from musicians friend when it was listed at 500. so far I LOVE this thing. especially for the price. very light, great neck, feels great.
I'm almost positive it was a dinky. I think the finish, or lack thereof played a big part in the sound. I have played hundreds of other jackson's to try to find the same neck and have not found it. I like my cheap JS11 more than the more expensive ones I've owned (after some fret work and smoothing the back of the neck), but the its just not the same.
Man, I'd love to find one of those again
It'd be a Dinky if it's a bolt-on neck. I reckon it could be an earlier DK2 or perhaps on of the old Professional series Dinkies.