Ok so I have an epiphone les Paul 1960s tribute plus and I was trying to find some different pickups for it
I wanna play blues rock sort of stuff like:
Gary Moore
Joe bonamassa
Leslie West
Walter trout
And other fun stuff like that

No budget am willing to save up for w.e will get me some kick butt sound

I have a jet city jca22h into an avatar 212 with a celestion v30 and g12k100
Needs to be humbuckers and passive and eventually looking to get a Lacey ironheart 60w head

Whatcha got for me?
Jet City JCA22h> Avatar 212
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Epiphone Les Paul 1960s Tribute Plus
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 12, 2014,
Also for this I've read about people upgrading the wiring in epiphones when they get better pickups is that something I might have to do?
probably something vintage output/paf style. FWIW neither the tone zone nor the JB which diabolical mentioned are paf-style, they're way hotter than that IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah ok, i thought you meant both of them.

i still think both of them would probably work better as paf types. maybe slightly hotter paf types in the bridge position to balance better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about a set of alnico 2
Quote by terminator44
What about a set of alnico 2

which alnico 2s? Or do you mean alnico 2 pros by seymour duncan?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Alnico 2 pros
Quote by diabolical
You should be getting that sound with what you have.
If you need upgrade I'd try PAF style pickups - PAF Joe by Dimarzio in neck and maybe a Tonezone in bridge, or just go for the Jazz and SH-4 SD combo.

Those would indeed be diabolical choices for the stuff he wants to play o_O

A pair of Duncan Pearly Gates would be perfect, maybe with a 59 in the bridge instead if you want a tighter bottom end and sharper attack
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by terminator44
Alnico 2 pros

they should work but IIRC they're pretty warm-sounding. just depends on what you want.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?