Is there a way to change the modes on a GFS pedal if the selector switch broke off and I lost it?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
That may very well be the most obscure and unanswerable question I've ever read. Detail, man, detail. Elucidate.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by lespaul#1
Is there a way to change the modes on a GFS pedal if the selector switch broke off and I lost it?

probably not without replacing the selector switch, it'd be pretty easy to do. but if the stick on the selector switch is broken then there maybe be no mechanical way to select a different path in it's innards.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Well on my GFS Brownie the amp selector switch broke off entirely and I want to switch it's modes but IDK how. Do you need a picture?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Just open it up, not somewhere how the cables are connected to it, and substitute it with another one of the same type.
That should cost no more than $2 and half an hour of work if you're not expert.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Just open it up, not somewhere how the cables are connected to it, and substitute it with another one of the same type.
That should cost no more than $2 and half an hour of work if you're not expert.

+1

that is the only real option you have. the switch is mechanical so if the mechanism is broken there is no way to way move the parts inside of it.

-ae
(Invalid img)

The 3 way switch on the right?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Yeah. And I couldn't view whatever you posted.
Quote by chip46
That's a very simple fix, but no way for it to function short of replacing it.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
So where could I get a new one?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
So where could I get a new one?

probably radio shack. you'll need to take off the back and confirm the part.

could be a DPDT or a SPDT, dunno. just take out the part and go up to radio shack with it and search through their switches drawer.

you're gonna need a solder pencil too and some solder.

-ae
Take plenty of photos before you disassemble it so you know where everything goes come time to put everything back together.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification