Page 3 of 11
Born under a Bad sign by Cream is a nice simple blues tune
Originally posted by charlie_geetar
my cousin (little girl) saw the herbal esscense commercial, and said "hey that stuff must really work, i heard my brother moaning in the shower"

http://www.clownpaint.com/
Hysteria- By Muse

and

Calm Like A Bomb- By Rage Against the Machine

Best startings songs...

and my first
Last edited by Stealthbass at Nov 16, 2005,
is there any quite easy bass solos.....no flea involved :p

PINK
FLOYD
Hey this is the first time ive posted in a forum anyways i only got my bass a couple of weeks ago and im a slow learner can anyone tell me any great jazz or blues songs for me to play that are quite easy to learn but sound great. btw i havnt had any profesional lessons yet...
Franz Ferdinand - Micheal. It's got a simple guitar line as well so suitable if you are learning with a gitar inclined mate.
for you guys looking for a great bass tab website go to basstabarchive.com. It is the most accurate site Ive found so far. I just found this site while I was looking for the bass tab for High Voltage by AC/DC- It has alot of great bass runs in this song and when I found it here the tab was all wrong and I had to find it on my own by listening to the song quite a few times but anyway check that site out for lots of great and accurate tabs
I'd say some easy ones are

Hate to say I told you so - The Hives (same thing over and over, give it 10 mins and you should have it easy)

Holiday -Green Day ( All accept the solo is incredibly easy )

The Reason - Hoobastank (if you can't play this i'll eat my hat)
Proud owner of a

OLP OCC Chopper Bass
IB-25 Indie amp
Digitech Bass Driver Overdrive/Distortion Pedal

Best stuff i've ever owned.
i played "rabbits are road kill on route 37" by AFI when i first got my bass
I don't know if it's already been said or not but:
I'd say Longveiw - by Green Day is an easy song for bass beginners, it sounds good too.
Ha, Ha Your Dead!
I just started bass and i teach myself but basket case by greenday is ok
Rancid:
Crane Fist
Junkie Man ( I love playing this song)
Disorder and Disarray

Operation Ivy:
Unity

Dead Kennedys:
California Uber Alles

Iron Maiden:
Revelations

Green Day:
St. Jimmy
Espionage

I've been playing for around 5 months off and on, and I can play these pretty easily.

I submitted a tab for Junkie Man, and I'm going to submit one for Crane Fist when it lets me.
I am a beginner at the bass and the first song I learned was Boris the Spider by John Entwhistle. If you want an even simpler Who song try Can't Explain.
A few easy basslines I know are

Juicebox - The Strokes
Transmission - Joy Division (or any other Joy Division song)
Bone Machine - Pixies ( any other Pixies song)
Start! - The Jam
Under Pressure - Queen
Come As You Are by Nirvana is an easy song. A bit repititous, but easy. A good tablature book is the Bass Guitar White Pages, its got over 1,000 pages and something for everyone.
Quote by pentagram_man63
OR, if youre REALLY hardcore, you can try DROP C!!!!!!!!!!! TEH R0XXXX0RRRZZ!!!!!!!1111ONEONE!!!!111

I Need A Better Sig
Quote by Novaworld
I'd say some easy ones are

Hate to say I told you so - The Hives (same thing over and over, give it 10 mins and you should have it easy)

Holiday -Green Day ( All accept the solo is incredibly easy )

The Reason - Hoobastank (if you can't play this i'll eat my hat)

Yeah, and sorry for the double post but the solo is ****ing ****. If you can't play that you're a total n00b
Quote by pentagram_man63
OR, if youre REALLY hardcore, you can try DROP C!!!!!!!!!!! TEH R0XXXX0RRRZZ!!!!!!!1111ONEONE!!!!111

I Need A Better Sig
Im a rookie bass player (as the name suggests) and i think STAND BY ME- JOHN LENNON is a great and easy riff 2 learn for seirous begins and gives u a gud initial feel for the bass. Also come together-beatles smoke on the water - deep purple and James Brown - i got u (i feel good)
Gud Luck
Rachel
Vertigo - U2
Money - Pink Floyd
New Years day - U2 (one of first songs on bass i learned)
My My Hey Hey - Neil Young
Free Fallin' - Tom Petty
Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Enter the Sand man - Metillica
High Hopes - Pink Floyd
Keep on Rockin' in free world - Neil Young (Pearl Jam does good cover)
Iron Man - Ozzy
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
Holiday - Greenday
While My Guitar Gently Wheeps - The Beatles
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

all easy songs some maybe a tiny tiny bit more challenging but ya learned all in first month or two of playing if i remember correctly.
money-pink floyd
the happiest days of are lives-pink floyd
dazed and confused-led zeppelin
whole lotta love-led zeppelin
heartbreaker-led zeppelin
break on through-the doors
taxman-the beatles
hey bulldog-the beatles
another brick in the wall part 2-pink floyd
set the controls for the heart of the sun-pink floyd
strange brew-cream
badge-cream
n.i.b-black sabbith
boris the spider-the who
bliztkrieg bop-the ramones
Last edited by pink_floyd_22 at Mar 18, 2006,
In Bloom - Nirvana
Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
Ive been sentenced to a Death by Sexy by the Eagles of Death Metal fan club! PM Punk Rocker to get sentenced.

President of the 'Courtney Love does not suck' club. PM me to join.

Also a member of White Stripes club - see left.
well juicebox was my first real song. ITs really fast but its still awesome. It sounds good and its easy to play and theres no hammer ons or pull offs or anything tricky which is the best part:P
Just like pink floyd 22 had said, Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun. It's great because it is really simple to play and sounds so cool . As soon as i get my bass i am going to practice like crazy to play it.
when i first started playing bass, i spent a lot of time on Perfect Situation on Weezer cuz its real easy, and Sugar We're Goin Down. I also bought the newest simple plan cd and played along with it cuz it had really simple bass lines that i could figure out without a tab
any good bass song u want to play along with, try Gorillaz all of there songs r bass and very easy to play to.
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
adam song blink 182. lol anything from them really:P carousel might be a bit challenging though.
adam song-blink 182.. anything from them is easy for beginers, mabey not carousel:P
hmm, well im just getting started and can play a couple of songs
the easiest one ive learned is:

Punk Rock Princess - Something Corporate

but if you dont like the song dont bother trying it
I think Feeling Good by muse is quite easy, its more for beginners who want to step up a bit though
Michael Balzary aka Flea

The B.A.B of Muse Idolisation Brotherhood. PM Glen_Hansard or sadistic_monkey to join.

Member #19 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join.
I was told Seven Nation Army was played on guitar with a suboctive effect.

Anyway a couple of easy ones are "Lovesong" and "Just like Heaven" both are by The Cure.
There are tons of metallica songs that are way too easy on bass.
Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
The bass interlude in Orion
The first few notes in Anesthisia. like the first...40 seconds maybe?
King Nothing
Creeping death i learnt in my second week of playing.
And plenty more i couldnt be stuffed to think of.
with or without you- u2 is really easy or baba o'riley- the who
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Someone Needs To Tab Back To The Rebels By The Exit Because This Song Has Such A Good And Basic Baseline. Too Bad I Cannot Do It Myself Because I Am Not That Musically Oriented.

Back To The Rebels By The Exit
Back To The Rebels By The Exit !!!
Quote by ObscuredByLight

Metallica-(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth

AUGH! Do NOT say Anesthesia is a beginning piece, it's NOT. It's VERY hard. Very good to help learn better control over the bass, good for intermediates to learn, but >> NOT FOR TOTAL NEWBS. <<
(I've played it, nearly memorized it, and I am STILL not as good at it as I'd like to be. Tis a fun song once you do learn it though.)

For total newbs, Green Day and Blink 182 is disgustingly easy, as is some of what I've looked at Evanescence.

Californiation by RHCP IS a fun one though, even though it's been recommended 200+ times :P

Mechanix- Megadeth is fairly easy, some slightly faster parts but pretty easy to do (I tabbed it. ;D)
the first song i learned on bass was juicebox. i thought it was pretty easy.
well basically i think that the best band to learn for beginners is blink-182 cause it sjust really simple stuff thats how i learned