Hey, I have 1985 Peavey Patriot and Im planning on switching out the pickups. just dont know which ones to get. It has neck and bridge humbuckers. I was probably going to get some seymour duncan humbuckers but Im not sure which ones i should get! need some advice thanks!
All kinds. I need something pretty versatile. something that will give me some beefy rhythm and crisp lead.
Quote by HelloImTony
All kinds. I need something pretty versatile. something that will give me some beefy rhythm and crisp lead.

Sounds like you should go with Dimebags setup. Dimebucker in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan 59' in the neck. If you prefer actives I've heard good things about the Seymour Duncan ahb-3 set. I'm putting an ahb-3 in the bridge and an ahb-2 in the neck. (With the jumper off of course) Idk about the single coil in the middle. Probably the as-1 with the jumper on. It gets in my way so I drop it pretty low so I need a hot pickup in the middle. Just my opinion though, I don't have near the experience of some of these other guys do. It's all preference.
Last edited by Collinssm89 at Feb 21, 2014,
hang on wait what? dimebucker versatile? no, not so much. i haven't tried them but if they're anything like EMG's more metal-orientated actives the blackouts are not going to be so versatile either.

if you want to stick to duncans one of the customs or the JB in the bridge would likely be the thing. '59 in the neck is a good shout, or the jazz if you want smoother tones from the neck pickup.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?