I noticed that two of the plastic rings in my tuning machines weren't sitting the same as the rest. I then saw that the plastic rings didn't go all the way around. This is my first guitar and i bought it new a couple of months ago and it hasn't gone through any abuse.

The two that are damaged don't seem to stay in tone about as well as the rest. Are these destined to go anytime soon? Should i replace the machines now so I won't have to worry about it breaking down?

Yes they are damaged, that is a nylon spacer/washer. If you just bought the guitar send it back
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Can't send the guitar back anymore. Is this something that can be repaired/replaced or do I need to get a new set of tuning machines?
Quote by ohbetwo
Can't send the guitar back anymore. Is this something that can be repaired/replaced or do I need to get a new set of tuning machines?

It can be fixed, but finding the right sized bushing/washer might be a problem.

Take the screw out of the very end of the tuner.
This lets the tuner knob slide out.
Then you can get to the busted bushing/washer to replace it.

Take one of the good ones apart and take it to a plumbing store and they should beable to find you the size you need. If not www.stewmac.com might have what you need.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Getting my feet wet in fixing guitars so I'm going try to get new washers and I'll do it myself. Thanks for all the help!
If not like Way Cool Jr said contact Jackson and get them to send replacements

Make sure the washers are nylon if you go to a hardware store
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 13, 2014,