Just seen one of these in mint condition for $125... worth it? Currently have a 333XL combo but I may consider selling that eventually and getting a new amp. Would be nice to have a cab already to go with it for so cheap. Is the Bugera 4x12 cab any good or would it be just a waste of money?
They are crap. They are made from MDF which is not very durable. I would not advise getting it unless you absolutely need a cab and only have $125 and even then you can get a decent 1x12 cab used which I would rather have.
depending on your location, you can get a Marshall 1960 4x12 for $200-$250
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm in Australia, so the lowest I've seen a 1960 here is probably about $300-400 I think but pretty beat up.

Don't need the bugera cab anyway just an idea.
I have heard the speakers are not half bad once broken in (dont quote me on that, but google around) but the cab is MDF which doesnt stand abuse. Do you play strictly at home?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
It won't be great, but it won't be bad either. If you have the cash, I'd go ahead and jump on that. Plus, down the road you can throw better speakers in it if you so desire.

My view on cabs/speakers is there are basically three caegories: Great, Decent/Useable, and Total Crap. That cab falls into the second, and should work just fine.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Well I'm pretty sure they have the same speakers as in the combo using which seem OK to me. I also saw a 1990 head for like $100 too... maybe I should get new head/cab for like $200 and sell my combo and put the money towards a guitar. though I'm a bit weary of buying a second hand bugera head... I play mostly at home but would like to join a band eventually when I get my driving licence
Being a past Bugera owner, I would never buy a used one because they just have too many issues
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
on second thoughts definitely not..

I have no idea what those holes are

will still consider the cab though (not the one in that picture!)
Last edited by Badmotorfingers at Feb 13, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Being a past Bugera owner, I would never buy a used one because they just have too many issues

For amps, yes. But cabs... They are not exactly rocket science in complexity so I believe its a safe buy if you absolutely want one.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by Badmotorfingers
on second thoughts definitely not..

I have no idea what those holes are

That is not a Bugera cab.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
For amps, yes. But cabs... They are not exactly rocket science in complexity so I believe its a safe buy if you absolutely want one.

I was talking about the 1990 head TS mentioned.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by MaaZeus
That is not a Bugera cab.

yes yes this, is a different seller
Quote by Robbgnarly
I was talking about the 1990 head TS mentioned.

Yeah sorry. I just noticed it and was about to edit my post.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I used to own a Bugera cabinet. Sold it in 6 months.

Says it all really.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Robbgnarly

Same. Although, IIRC the quality control over the last couple of years has supposedly improved. I had two 6262's about 5-6 years ago and neither of them lasted more than 8 months, but I can't recall seeing many horror stories related to the 1990 or V22 amps.

If you can get the cab and the 1990 head for $225 combined, that's not a bad deal at all. I'd go ahead and keep your combo too, if for nothing else just to have a couple amps in the case that one of them would go down.

I would make sure that you could play through the 1990 for a little while before purchasing. Not sure that I'd blind buy a Bugera, even if it's one of models that I haven't heard many failure reports from.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I used to own a Bugera cabinet. Sold it in 6 months.

Says it all really.

I've had my 333XL for 3-4 years

also I should mention that the cab will have be to shipped interstate though that is included the price. should that also be a factor to think about? I can't imagine it would be cheap to ship a cab (from ACT to Melbourne) so the cab is probably like $50... lol
They are shitty Behringer crap. I am yet to hear any speaker from them made for any purpose that sounds better than a fish farting on a towell. Their PA bins are shit, their guitar cabs are shit, their bass cabs are shit - they're just shit, man.
You'd be far better off with a used Marshall 1936
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Badmotorfingers
I've had my 333XL for 3-4 years

That's not the point. They're crap-sounding cabinets.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee