Hi all, what's the best way to learn this song on the guitar? Via this tab, YouTube videos or by ear?

What's the pros and the cons?

The song is this: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/bullet_for_my_valentine/say_goodnight_ver2_tab.htm

I guess by ear would be best because the tabs could be wrong (but the person said the tab is 100%).

Is it quicker to learn something by tabs or by ear?

Thanks.
Last edited by jamesiles2004 at Feb 13, 2014,
Why learn it from that 4 star tab when version 3 has far more votes/positive comments and 5 stars.
Personally I use a combination of all three methods to learn songs.
This really to subjective of a question. What type of learner are you? What successes have you had in the past both learning by ear alone and by tab alone? What level of guitarist are you? How well do you know the song? Do you have enough ingrained knowledge to know what notes are what or are you planning to just putz around until you find it and go from there?

Anyhow, i could go on with a page or two of questions like these. The bottom line is do what works best for you. Tabs work for me, but i don't take it as gospel truth. If something sounds wrong ill play around until it sounds right - but again, that still doesn't mean its 100% correct, just that it sounds better to my ears. Sometimes ill pick a few of the tabs and pull parts from each that sound better to me and create a sort of tab goulash. As well, i often if not always have the song playing even if im using a GP or PT file. On top of all this, we all hear differently (that's just fact). If it sounds wrong to you, it might sound right to the author or others and vice versa (and you still might all be wrong to the actual artist you are emulating).

So to finish, as i often take forever to say nothing, no one can truly answer this question for you. We can only tell you what works for us. Hopefully this helps in some way shape or form
Quote by xxxxChrisTxxxx
Why learn it from that 4 star tab when version 3 has far more votes/positive comments and 5 stars.
Personally I use a combination of all three methods to learn songs.

Do you have a link?

How can I be sure the tab is correct?

Thanks.
Last edited by jamesiles2004 at Feb 13, 2014,