Hi.
According to the guidelines in here :http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37794 I set up my Fl studio to play the Kontact 4 (with shreddage as the soundbank).
I did get a sound finally,but the sound is not integrated !
(for example),I tested Master of puppets out,and got a cutting sound.(It's not integrated and I don't know why !!!)

Anyone out there encountered the same problem,ever?
Last edited by siros11 at Feb 13, 2014,
What is "integrated" supposed to mean? I have no idea what you're talking about. An example would be nice.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Nice to see you ignored our advice and went ahead with your idea anyway...

Matrix, meet the guy who made two threads in which he decided by himself, despite being new to recording, that Guitar Rig wasn't capable of getting the tones (despite being such basic sounds) that he wanted for his professional album/music, therefore his best option would be to simulate the guitar parts with Shreddage...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by MatrixClaw
What is "integrated" supposed to mean? I have no idea what you're talking about. An example would be nice.

I mean It's just a sliced tone with no juncture.(I hear one beat and the next is 5 seconds away).
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Nice to see you ignored our advice and went ahead with your idea anyway...

Matrix, meet the guy who made two threads in which he decided by himself, despite being new to recording, that Guitar Rig wasn't capable of getting the tones (despite being such basic sounds) that he wanted for his professional album/music, therefore his best option would be to simulate the guitar parts with Shreddage...

As a matter of fact I took your advices and I had a go at Guitar rig,But as I just want to make a synth sound,I switched to Shreddage 2.

I have a thrash metal album consisting of 8 songs (all written by guitar pro) and considered that'd be for the best if I could use an instrument simulator,Vst (like shreddage 2) to sort it out.
You're still not making any sense. No juncture?

And Shreddage isn't going to make anything that anyone is going to want to seriously listen to, it'll sound like a computer playing guitar because it is a computer playing guitar...
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Feb 13, 2014,
That is what we call the "MIDI tone". That's why we don't use sampled guitars. Because they sound like ass. And that is why we told you that Guitar Rig will give you a better sound, if you're patient enough to try to get a good sound from it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You're still not making any sense. No juncture?

And your answers are not helpful.

Quote by ChemicalFire
And Shreddage isn't going to make anything that anyone is going to want to seriously listen to, it'll sound like a computer playing guitar because it is a computer playing guitar...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've heard so many demos of shreddage 2 that sounds like a studio record (rather than a computer playing guitar).

And by the way don't take umbrage of what I just said.I love you all.
My answers are only not helpful because I have no idea what you're on about.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
The Shreddage demos are processed a TON, so they sound less fake. You've already proved you can't be bothered to even get a decent tone. You're not getting a good sound unless you try, no matter how expensive your gear is. This is what we've been saying all along.

Getting a good sound, with ANY program, takes work. Will you do that work or not?
Shreddage is also seemingly used exclusively for djent style stuff... where the guitar is compressed so hard it sounds like a synth anyway... it's not gonna sound great for thrash.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Cavalcade
no matter how expensive your gear
Getting a good sound, with ANY program, takes work.

That's it.You got the point.I should work it out and probably try out every nook and cranny of any vst to bring out a recordable tone in a simple tone.

But let me worry about the terrible sound I just got from my exprience with shreddage 2 ,that couldn't play the midi file its correct way.

It was literally a scrappy tone.I mean,for example,when the rhythm track was playing (in Kontact in Fl studio),I heard a short note in the second 24th and the next was in 46th !!!)
Last edited by siros11 at Feb 13, 2014,
It's likely that Shreddage uses different midi routing than guitar pro to allow for different playing effects and a more natural. If that's the case copying and pasting guitar midi into it isn't going to work.

Have you tried reading the manual?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
It's likely that Shreddage uses different midi routing than guitar pro to allow for different playing effects and a more natural. If that's the case copying and pasting guitar midi into it isn't going to work.

Have you tried reading the manual?

Wow ! I thought It would be such a comfort to just export the midi file off the guitar pro and get it into the Kontact,shreddage 2.

So how to convert the midi file and making it compatible to shreddage?
^^ Ow yeah it does!
I have a copy of shreddage X and I managed to make it sound pretty good if ya ask me, not really un-natural sounding and stuff.

Plus, yeah, reading the manual would be a big plus.
They recorded and programmed all sort of articulations and stuff for the second version, so if you dig there a bit (plus you try being smart instead of just coping and pasting stuff expecting shit to sound amazing at that point) you would indeed be able to get decent sounding sounds.

Edit: no man, you didn't understand the point.
There's no magic program or converter that'll make the thing sound good.
The problem isn't the incompatibility of something, they're still midi files and the midi channel's still there.
Wait you didn't just import the whole song's midi file did you?
'cause you should just export the guitar part's.
Lemme get this down straight for ya:
1. you read the manual
2. you get in your midi sequencer
3. you write the part there with shreddage engaged, or
3/alt. you import your midi and you tweak it with shreddage engaged
4. you get into all sort of programming and scripting and other stuff regarding midi channels other than the one you use to send notes (velocity, bending, modWheel and so on) that you read about in the manual and you make the thing sound more natural
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 13, 2014,
Quote by diabolical
You sure he doesn't mean latency? The symptoms described sound like audio card latency to me.

It's not latency,It's midi file incompatibility "Spambot_2" answered.

And by the way,there is no need for you or "Cavalcade" to come along here and spam this topic.

For now,I took Spambot_2 advice and I'm going through the 13 pages manual of shreddage + Kontact manual.
Well he was everything but smart, but you did mock him indeed, so if ya ask me it's safe to say he is likely to feelmocked again, even if what was given to him was a proper advice.
Don't mock the next clueless guy next time maybe.

Anyway, it's pretty funny that the only advice he listened comes from a SpamBot while he treated everything else like spam :P

Oh, and TS, if ya want better advice about this ya better post some clips, so we can decide for sure what the problem's about.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 13, 2014,
Set the midi channel on Shreddage to Omni and make sure the notes that the MIDI file is actually hitting is within the range of what Shreddage picks up. It's likely you're either on the wrong channel, or Guitar Pro is outputting the notes to an octave that Shreddage is not configured for... Dragging the MIDI notes to the correct octave will fix this.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm dead serious. No "mocking". We still don't know for sure whether it's a latency issue, underruns, wrong notes, or just the sampler. This whole thread has been guessing.

Yes, we need to hear what's going on to figure out what to do.