I am going to see the Avett Brothers next week. I'm a big fan but my girlfriend loves them. I am free all day the day of the show. Would it be off-putting for me go to the venue really early in the morning (around 9am maybe?) and wait by where the tour bus would swing in with a sign that said something like "just want to meet the Avett Brothers..." so I can get her an autograph? I don't want to be kicked out or anything but I feel like the Avetts are pretty down to earth individuals.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

wouldn't it be better to have something with autograph on the sign?

"just want to meet them" just screams that you're gonna murder them.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Sure but you need to correct your spelling a bit.

"Just want to meat the Avett Brothers" might give you more success
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Sure it could work, or it could go horribly wrong and she gets pissed at you for meeting them without her.
Quote by eGraham

I agree.
Quote by eGraham

They have a good 2 for 1 deal, I hear.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by eGraham

Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I've always had good luck meeting bands after a show, provided they're down to hang out and you know where their bus is at. You and your girlfriend can do that together and make something memorable out of it.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Sure it could work, or it could go horribly wrong and she gets pissed at you for meeting them without her.

He could take his gf with him to meet them. It could work or it could go horribly wrong, they'd make an offer to take a peek backstage and then give the "Not you, just her" line and she'd be gone for the next few hours. TS would never face the reality of what happened during that time cus she'd avoid eye contact and say "Nothing... we just hung out."

But in the back of his head he'd know. We'd all know
Quote by -Mantra-
He could take his gf with him to meet them. It could work or it could go horribly wrong, they'd make an offer to take a peek backstage and then give the "Not you, just her" line and she'd be gone for the next few hours. TS would never face the reality of what happened during that time cus she'd avoid eye contact and say "Nothing... we just hung out."

But in the back of his head he'd know. We'd all know

You aren't going to get in any trouble for doing it. The worst that happens is you don't get an autograph, or they ask you to leave.
If i have to ask "who the **** are the Avett Brothers" then i highly doubt they'd be up their own asses far enough to not give some schmuck with a sign an autograph.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Oh shit, they're touring?! I need to get me a piece of that.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
i have their manager's phonenumber if you want it but i think that would just be even weirder and not get you anywhere the more i think about it

i'd just go hang out around the venue, yeah. i kind of know their old manager too and she says they're really nice guys, so if your not a crazed lunatic and have nothing to lose by spending some time waiting around, i think you'll have a good experience.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Last edited by jiminizzle at Feb 15, 2014,
Quote by jiminizzle
i have their manager's phonenumber if you want it but i think that would just be even weirder and not get you anywhere the more i think about it

i'd just go hang out around the venue, yeah. i kind of know their old manager too and she says they're really nice guys, so if your not a crazed lunatic and have nothing to lose by spending some time waiting around, i think you'll have a good experience.

How did you get that phone number.
he's emailed and worked with my band about getting groups he manages opening for us. it's probably real unprofessional of me to bring it up or something like that but i have a vague uger-love that makes me want to help. i'm just not sure it actually would
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by lemmyisgod97
^

Chances are, so long as you don't ask if you can smell their hair or offer them a drink of your special fan sauce they'll be cool with it.

EDIT: wait 9am are you bloody nuts they don't want that shit at 9am.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger