Poll: which amp
Poll Options
View poll results: which amp
Blackstar HT-5C
0 0%
JCA2112RC
22 100%
Voters: 22.
I am stuck between a Blackstar HT-5C or a JCA2112RC. I like them both the only complaint really is that the jet city seems to have a little to much gain for my tastes at times. I play classic rock mostly don't ever really go any higher gain then that
The Jet City has gain controls, it's not like it forces you to use a certain amount. Overall I would absolutely take it over the Blackstar. I think it's a better amp for nearly any purpose. I think the only reason to get the Blackstar would be if you absolutely needed a headphone jack.
Oh and just before anyone asks I will be using it as a amp for around the house. I don't gig or anything
You never know, you may be in a high gain mood sometimes if you have it there to use.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
My only other thing is how much louder is the jet city then the blackstar. I know guitar isn't a quiet past time but I would still like to get good distortion and not be evicted
They have a volume control. You don't need to turn it up to get more distortion than you need.
Seriously, man, it's no contest. The JCA wipes the floor with the HT.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
That's not the high gain Jet City, that would be the JCA2212c Which is basically the 2112c with an added high gain channel. Also in my opinion the Jet City sounds fine at low volume (I have the 2212c) which is how I usually use mine, yeah it sounds better cranked up but does low volume well.
Jet City all day man. The Blackstar is a joke, and a bad one at that.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Jet City everytime.

If there is too much gain, turn the gain down using the magic.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
OK thanks guys I just ordered the jet city. I will let you all know how I like it when I get it. Hopefully it sounds good with my zoom G3X pedal too
Quote by USMC_VET_ROCKER
OK thanks guys I just ordered the jet city. I will let you all know how I like it when I get it. Hopefully it sounds good with my zoom G3X pedal too

Jet City JCA50 combo at MF for $299?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by dementiacaptain
Jet City all day man. The Blackstar is a joke, and a bad one at that.

Does any one else remember when everyone here fapped at the alter of blackstar? Anyway between the two hands down the jet city.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
Does any one else remember when everyone here fapped at the alter of blackstar?

I didn't
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
$299 for the 50w combo is a bargain, please get that!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
I had a black star ht5 and ht 20. And they both were awful. Never played a jet city but would recommend it following past experience and everyone's advice from this forum. I couldn't get on at all with any setting from the black stars od channel.