Page 1 of 2
Since I've committed to Windows 8 I've redesigned how I use the interface - now the start menu and desktop are entirely unneeded to me now! So clean, I used to be the type of person with a million icons littering the screen. Now everything is easily accessible through the task bar. I've got a gallery of the 2015 Subaru WRX STI running as my wallpaper, and a second monitor going as well (not pictured)

/computer nerd

Now post yours!
I'm way too lazy
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
My Mac:

My PC:

I swear to god I'm not a neckbeard ._.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
How do you guys have so few shortcuts
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Wormholes

So exciting.

This is literally mine.

I came here to steal someones background. Still waiting for something I like.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle

That is ****ing glorious.

Link to pic plz
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
pretty much this with icons over it (cautionary words: may potentially induce migraines)

Quote by leony03
That is ****ing glorious.

Link to pic plz

I got it off of a youtube house mix playlist. I googled the song and the picture came up, but I forgot what song it was. ;_;
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
I got it off of a youtube house mix playlist. I googled the song and the picture came up, but I forgot what song it was. ;_;

If you remember, please let me know
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by angusfan16
*Simon and Marcy*

nice

Got this recently, would be more enjoyable if I didn't have so many icons
I can't stand cluttered desktops. I've thought about getting an actual background, but I can't think of anything cool and don't really care. Also, if anyone wants to know about my little meters on my taskbar - it involves Serious Samurize (no longer being updated by whoever made it, but still works in compatibility) and adding a blank toolbar to the taskbar. I also have to run speedfan to get my cpu temps and fan speeds... I just wish there was a way to average the temperatures. There probably is, but I haven't figured it out.

edit: oops, I think I picked a shitty hosting site, but I just had an idea for a cool background. will post again in a second.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Feb 13, 2014,
Quote by Nelshizzle
awwww yeeeee niga

now i can get a better quality version. Thanks

Google reverse image search ftw.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I can't stand cluttered desktops. I've thought about getting an actual background, but I can't think of anything cool and don't really care. Also, if anyone wants to know about my little meters on my taskbar - it involves Serious Samurize (no longer being updated by whoever made it, but still works in compatibility) and adding a blank toolbar to the taskbar. I also have to run speedfan to get my cpu temps and fan speeds... I just wish there was a way to average the temperatures. There probably is, but I haven't figured it out.

edit: oops, I think I picked a shitty hosting site, but I just had an idea for a cool background. will post again in a second.

here we go:

Dual-screen setup, can't be bothered to go and screenshot it though - it's a Mac, and the desktops are two CGI scenes of Alien and Predator (left screen is them playing chess, the right screen is them playing pool... if you somehow haven't seen them before, Google is your friend) and I don't have many shortcuts as it's mostly a machine for music so I have a few folders of stuff like Impulse Responses, Plug-in Manuals etc. and then a small amount of things I put on there to remind me to use them next time I turn it on. Nothing too exciting, visually
Hey, look. Sigs are back.

But bigger and in a desktop and all that.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.

I love these threads. Recently got a 1080p monitor and have gotten heavily into LoL lately so yeah. Sorry for the cluttered icons. I've not really cared much about desktop organization lately.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
The background is a slideshow of about 4 abstract images, one is a more subtle blue, one is red and I forgot the fourth.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Dwight.Schrute

But bigger and in a desktop and all that.

hmm, that's pretty awesome
Quote by Dregen
hmm, that's pretty awesome

Search leonid afremov, he does some of the coolest paintings. They all look VERY similar to that one though.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
You made me realize my desktop is kind of stale, so I just changed it. I always go simple and clean.

██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Page 1 of 2