the odd timing in the beginning is okay, it works and it's getting me pumped for what's to come. really like the sinister riff that comes in after that. the melodic section is great, i like the interplay between the guitar lines. the transition was kinda forced though.

at first i was questioning the quiet break at 1:00, but depending on how the lyrics go, it could be interesting. the soloing at this part wavered between great and...kinda aimless.

i kinda liked the transition back into familiar territory at 2:00.

wow! dazzling playing at 2:40. i much prefer your melodic leads over the less structured solos. the ending didn't really have the effect i was expecting on me... i can appreciate having several guitar voices, but it seemed sort of messy (and i don't mean the performance). it was a little hard to identify each voice.

the mix was pretty good for the guitars, but the bottom end of the mix really needs more attention. way too much down there.

having said that...pretty good song overall, lots of interesting parts and your playing is excellent.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1632453
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
the odd timing in the beginning is okay, it works and it's getting me pumped for what's to come. really like the sinister riff that comes in after that. the melodic section is great, i like the interplay between the guitar lines. the transition was kinda forced though.

at first i was questioning the quiet break at 1:00, but depending on how the lyrics go, it could be interesting. the soloing at this part wavered between great and...kinda aimless.

i kinda liked the transition back into familiar territory at 2:00.

wow! dazzling playing at 2:40. i much prefer your melodic leads over the less structured solos. the ending didn't really have the effect i was expecting on me... i can appreciate having several guitar voices, but it seemed sort of messy (and i don't mean the performance). it was a little hard to identify each voice.

the mix was pretty good for the guitars, but the bottom end of the mix really needs more attention. way too much down there.

having said that...pretty good song overall, lots of interesting parts and your playing is excellent.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1632453

Thanks for the input!! Very detailed and I appreciate the honest feedback I'll go check out your stuff next!
Oh man I wish I could play like you.

I really enjoy the straight into your face attitude you get right at the beginning right after the intro. Gets you ready for what's to come.

The breakdown at 1:00 is nice, it gives me a slight Opeth feeling. Then the bam, in your face stuff again. Beautiful stuff, dude.

The galloping starting at 2:42 sounds amazing with the lead over it.

I do wish the ending was a bit, I dunno, had a bit more "Umph" or whatever. I was looking forward to something a bit more, I guess.

All in all this is completely amazing. Doesn't compare to anything I've ever made, hah.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32371722#post32371722
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol
Great composition and guitar work, groovy-as-hell riffs and great drum parts to compliment them, and never gets boring with the constant onslaught of changes. Whilst I'd maybe add one or two more lead parts in the first half of the song (nothing dramatic though) there's not really anything I can fault here. Unfortunately as said above the mix really lets it down - whilst the guitars and drums are at the right sort of volumes it all sounds extremely muddy, definitely need to sort that out. The majority of instruments here need cuts in the low/low-mid areas and boost up high. Once you've sorted that out you'll have a real gem on your hands.

C4C Please - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1633497
Last edited by Innercelph at Feb 17, 2014,
Quote by Innercelph
Great composition and guitar work, groovy-as-hell riffs and great drum parts to compliment them, and never gets boring with the constant onslaught of changes. Whilst I'd maybe add one or two more lead parts in the first half of the song (nothing dramatic though) there's not really anything I can fault here. Unfortunately as said above the mix really lets it down - whilst the guitars and drums are at the right sort of volumes it all sounds extremely muddy, definitely need to sort that out. The majority of instruments here need cuts in the low/low-mid areas and boost up high. Once you've sorted that out you'll have a real gem on your hands.

C4C Please - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1633497

Thanks for the feedback man, I'll definitely look into cutting some of the low and low/mid areas on my future mixes. I hear what you're saying and I'm thinking it might have been the bass guitar that muddied it up a little bit.
The first riff was "evil" sounding in a cool way, reminded me of old school thrash metal. But the first guitar solo part kind of sounds too melodic. I was waiting for a cool thrash song. But yeah, the clean part is cool and the next guitar solo is also nice. Then the next part (2:20) reminds me of Dream Theater. I don't really like the next parts, the mood changes to too melodic or something. Too "modern metal" to my taste.

Yeah, lots of things happening in just a couple of minutes. There were good and bad things. I liked the evil sounding intro riff, clean part and the Dream Theater part. I think it may have too much stuff and too many mood changes for such a short song. At least it wasn't too repetitive. Some parts felt like they were just cut-pasted after each other and could have a better flow. The guitars could be a bit louder or drums a bit quieter. And I don't think this track requires vocals because it sounds pretty complicated without them. Of course if you want to add them and have something to say, do it. Yeah, really interesting song, good job.

C4C

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1635106

Edit: Actually the volume levels were OK but as somebody said, you should cut some bass to make it sound less muddy.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Feb 23, 2014,
Nice riffs man and I'm really diggin your lead tone (and rhythm tones for that matter). The song kind of flows weird if you're still wanting to put vocals on it. The parts are good but I feel like if you want the vocals on it you'd have to do some structural work. Works well for all of the guitar solos though. Very good. Enjoyable listen and clean guitar work.

Let me know what you think of my new song:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32426633#post32426633