62 41%
I'd penetrate a prostitute, who cares!
24 16%
Celibate for 20 years I can do 20 more
15 10%
Voters: 151.
Page 1 of 3
Inspired by the prostitute gift thread.

What I mean is, should sex only be between people in a relationship (you can make a distinction between not caring if other people do it vs. your body), does it not really matter? Is picking some random girl up at a bar more okay than prostitution? Is phillip pepper gonna derail the thread with some stupid bullshit?

Poll incoming
it's a non-issue
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
1) I don't think so. I think that sex is natural and, when between consenting adults, it shouldn't be looked down upon.

2) On the one hand, prostitution does seem degrading to women. On the other, it is a "service" and I don't see it as all that bad.

3) Absolutely he will
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I've had sex with girlfriends that I've had, and I paid for sex this past new years. It didn't feel different. Sex to me is just a good feeling that I take when I want. Maybe in the future when I want a family and stuff it'll be different as I'll be trying to procreate but as of now I don't give a shit about that touchy feely crap.
I wouldn't want to pay for sex, but prostitutes are okay if you're single. I only have a problem with screwing someone if I'm in a relationship with someone else, or if they are. Any other time, who cares?
Quote by WinterEagle5
I wouldn't want to pay for sex, but prostitutes are okay if you're single. I only have a problem with screwing someone if I'm in a relationship with someone else, or if they are. Any other time, who cares?

I agree with this
Quote by macashmack
I've had sex with girlfriends that I've had, and I paid for sex this past new years. It didn't feel different. Sex to me is just a good feeling that I take when I want. Maybe in the future when I want a family and stuff it'll be different as I'll be trying to procreate but as of now I don't give a shit about that touchy feely crap.

This post is 100% accurate. Not gonna lie, I've paid as well and it's the best sex I've had. It feels different when there are feels involved, sure, but I dunno. Either way's good.
Last edited by K'Nuckles at Feb 14, 2014,
I think it's 1000x better when it's intimate, but there's nothing wrong with just having sex to have sex (or to get paid) as long as it's between two consenting adults.
Sex with a girl friend, boyfriend, husband or wife is the best. I have had sex with strangers, some friemds and my ex girlfriends, and its all good of course, but it's best when its with someone you care about
The thing that's great about consensual sex is that it never doesn't feel good, if it's with your girlfriend, your friend, your 2nd cousin, a fat chick, a hooker, a married woman, if you're horny enough you're gonna get your rocks off and it feels good (barring that you have some physical abnormality).

Now sometimes afterwards some people feel some kind of mental anguish, or at least I hear that this happens (especially to women), but I believe this is being projected on us by a mostly puritanical society. There's no inherent reason why you should feel bad about having sex--regardless of who it's with. It's all based on social construct that you can if you would choose not to participate in.

Now it really depends on the person and maybe I'm weird, but I particularly enjoy sex even more if it's with some I don't know well.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Feb 14, 2014,
personally, I don't think I could have sex with someone I didn't know or wasn't emotionally attracted to in some way. but I think it's cool that other people can. you do you. as long as you're both consenting to it, what's the big deal?
I certainly enjoy it more with someone I care about, but sex is still fun with people you don't really know well.

The feeling, for me anyway, is different when the person actually means something to me. I'm sure that isn't the case for everyone.
Quote by victoriagnr
personally, I don't think I could have sex with someone I didn't know or wasn't emotionally attracted to in some way. but I think it's cool that other people can. you do you. as long as you're both consenting to it, what's the big deal?

I agree with this. I feel like I cant share my body with someone who I dont have an emotional connection with. I guess I might be weird but I've only been with someone I truly care for and we've been together 2 years now, tomorrow 2 years technically.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by daytripper75
I certainly enjoy it more with someone I care about, but sex is still fun with people you don't really know well.

The feeling, for me anyway, is different when the person actually means something to me. I'm sure that isn't the case for everyone.
Pretty much this.
Quote by Andrea55
I agree with this. I feel like I cant share my body with someone who I dont have an emotional connection with

+1
ayy lmao
the only thing sex should be is consensual. anything in between is a verbal contract to which i am no party.

if you'd like my personal opinion, having sex outside of relationships is intrinsically exciting but it's also tiring and a health risk. sex in a relationship requires communication and experimentation to be exciting, but there's a certain degree of comfort and passion that is otherwise unmatched. so there are pros and cons.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Sex is more fun when you do it with someone you care about, but it can still be fun otherwise.

In fact, you can insert any recreational activity in the place of sex and it will still be true.
Sex has just become a compulsion for me at this point. It's kinda ruining my life actually.

Quote by lemmyisgod97
You can't do anything kinky with a one night stand.

This is not true at all.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Experience is good, but too much experience is a major turn off.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I think sex should be intimate but that doesn't mean romantic partners necessarily. I don't see an issue with hooking up with people but I would prefer to bang a friend over a stranger. Gotta learn who likes what.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The more I care about someone the more special sex with them is. But it's fun regardless of how much I care about that person.

I don't care how much other people have sex. I would have sex every day if I could, and I suppose I technically could, but I haven't really found anyone suitable yet. I think I would actually prefer a random stranger over a friend for this but there are pros and cons to both and yeah no one's really fit the bill yet
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Feb 14, 2014,
It is a big deal for me,

I've had sex both with people I didn't have any real emotional connection to, and people that I've been deeply connected with (no pun intended), and as cliche as it sounds, it's always felt better with someone you love.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I do not care about sex, never had it and most probably never will. I find sexual activity to be really overrated within our species.

But yeah I see nothing wrong with prostitution and stuff other than when the prostitutes are forced into it

Me though, I'm not gonna pay for it I think, if I had more money maybe I would
Quote by Vanhalaf
I do not care about sex, never had it and most probably never will. I find sexual activity to be really overrated within our species.

How do you know it's overrated if you've never done it?

And how would you have any insight on sexual activity of other species?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
im not proud of this but i roofied my gf after i heard she was gonna break up with me... it felt better knowing i was in full control
^Wut

Quote by Vanhalaf

"within our species"...Sounds like bestiality talk to me.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by BladeSlinger
How do you know it's overrated if you've never done it?

And how would you have any insight on sexual activity of other species?

It is overrated in the sense of sexuality being present in every single facet of our lives and from what I gather, people having an unhealthy obsession with it. Going through lengths and discomfort just for the sake of bodily pleasure and attempting to convince me that my life can't be fulfilling without sexual activity or a partner. I find this behavior to be reminiscent of a drug addiction with the unique exception of everyone being on it and encouraging it.

To emphasise on the "overrated" aspect of it, you- a human, take the trivial biological process of reproduction and elevate it to the status of godhood and paint it with romance up to a point when it's no longer recognized as, to put it bluntly, some people ****ing, now it's a special intimate bond that seems to transcend reality.

The latter is somewhat an exaggeration. As for your second question, I do not know what it is that you seek. The reason I point out our species deliberately is to emphasise that this is not a purely cultural phenomenon.
I can't do it with anyone I'm not very emotionally close to.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Vanhalaf
It is overrated in the sense of sexuality being present in every single facet of our lives and from what I gather, people having an unhealthy obsession with it. Going through lengths and discomfort just for the sake of bodily pleasure and attempting to convince me that my life can't be fulfilling without sexual activity or a partner. I find this behavior to be reminiscent of a drug addiction with the unique exception of everyone being on it and encouraging it.

To emphasise on the "overrated" aspect of it, you- a human, take the trivial biological process of reproduction and elevate it to the status of godhood and paint it with romance up to a point when it's no longer recognized as, to put it bluntly, some people ****ing, now it's a special intimate bond that seems to transcend reality.

The latter is somewhat an exaggeration. As for your second question, I do not know what it is that you seek. The reason I point out our species deliberately is to emphasise that this is not a purely cultural phenomenon.

*Tips fedora*
Page 1 of 3