Pretty good song and very good sound quality. However, I would add vocals to this song. Ideally, a good instrumental song doesn't need vocals to tell its story, but in this song I feel like there is still a void. You are painfully close to reaching the point where you don't need vocals at all though.

Keep up the good work.
I'M A COWBOY
Yeah we got a vocalist and he's working on lyrics for it... but for now I just wanted to post the instumental piece. Thanks for the feedback!
It almost doesn't need vocals... But if you added vocals, you could start charging 99 cents on itunes. Fantastic job at mixing this. I LOVE the riff at :42. Overall, good job!
Sounds really good. Kinda has a Testament vibe with a little bit of Overkill thrown in there. I like the overall flow of the piece, too. Nice transitions from section to section. A splash of reverb or a little tape delay would sound good on the solo track.

Just for shits and giggles, here's a link to one of my metal songs. It has a pretty comparable arrangement to your tune. Sounds a little Lamb Of God-ish or old school Metallica-y. Might get a kick out of it. No feedback required, just sharing with a fellow metalhead.

http://soundcloud.com/danpoisson/hairtongue-unfinished/s-dpeZm
Yeah man your song sounds pretty cool too, definitely got a Lamb of God feel to it, it sounds like you hired Randy himself to sing on the track. I like the part around 7 minutes, I'm a power metal guy too and I got that feeling around that time, or maybe Iron Maiden-ish type of sound.
Very original to think about mixing those 3 genres, and even though I wasn't expecting it would sound good, as it was difficult for me to imagine Power and Death Metal together, plus I'm not really a big fan of Power Metal usually but seriously this is something innovative and this sounds great. Surprisingly my favorite part is the Power Metal part, you see =P

I ****ing love that solo too, good continuation dude(s)
Oh man, this is sexy! Really imaginative with the arrangement, m'friend. That solo is ****ing beast! I really wish I could play this well so I could put my vocals to good use. Like was stated before, I would pay .99 cents for this track with vocals added. Can't wait to hear more from you guys!

EDIT: Also, Clearwater? As in Clearwater, FL?
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol
Last edited by Bleak at Feb 19, 2014,
@DeathBlackDoom
Appreciate it man, that's my favorite part too.

@Bleak
Thanks man, and yeah Clearwater FL.

@Aaron
Thanks, yeah we're getting lyrics down pat for it soon. I will check out your music.
First off, great production. Nice rhythm sound. Great use of riffs; progressive and heavy-hitting just the way I like. Some of those low vocals are a bit breathy, but nothing bad. I love your clean tone. Did not expect the solo to come in. Very well-played with a great tone. May I ask how you record the guitars? Fantastic mix. The drums carry the track all the way to the end. I can't hear a single dull thing about this song. Throwing you a follow on SC. Excellent work. And the blast beats at the end are a good addition.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1634594