So a co worker of mine decided to down size his rig to something more bedroom friendly...me not giving a **** about my neighbors, I asked him what he wanted for it. I couldn't pass it up.

The cabinet I got for my Valveking 112 in trade, i needed the room, the dude needed an amp. I didn't even have to pick it up, it was delivered. It will need tubes though...she's a little crackly on the post gain side, but thats ok. Its ****ing ballsy though! I'm very happy with it.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
$300? that's awesome

Nice charvel too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Staring into the depths of your soul.

I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by Dave_Mc
$300? that's awesome

Nice charvel too

+1 on the awesome deal.

+2 on the charvel!
Damn, I'd pick that up and resell in a heart beat haha.

Also thats a lot of gain haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by Guy_Mitchell
Staring into the depths of your soul.

That's my buddy

I'm gonna put up a sound demo today when i get home, I actually get to crank it up lol.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

These things have loads of gain, with my od my preamp is usually set like 3.5 to 4.
+More

Quote by RCA1186
These things have loads of gain, with my od my preamp is usually set like 3.5 to 4.

Naaahhh...why have all that gain if you ain't gonna use it
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Nice. Best deal on a + model I have seen. I feel felt happy when I squeezed one for $500.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Nice. Best deal on a + model I have seen. I feel felt happy when I squeezed one for $500.

I compare it to the feeling of playing a Line 6 Spider...that actually sounds good

I wanted to ask though, I need a reverb pedal so I can make my cleans sound just a little bit better, any recommendations?
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Quote by RBM01991
https://soundcloud.com/eric-trujillo-5/6505-test

Here's how she sounds now, sloppy playing and all :P

That sounds great.

Now all that's left is to throw a metalzone in front of it like all the kool kidz do.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by Guy_Mitchell
That sounds great.

Now all that's left is to throw a metalzone in front of it like all the kool kidz do.

See I was gonna, but there's a little thing called a TS9 that's already in front of it
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Deeeacent!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
wow. i could have expected the combo model, bt that? jeez hes a darn fool. i think my friend price would have been 400-500 min. MIN.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by RBM01991
https://soundcloud.com/eric-trujillo-5/6505-test

Here's how she sounds now, sloppy playing and all :P

awesome

sweet playing too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To improve the cleans with my 6505+ 112, all i had to do was put in a 12ay7 into the socket for the cleans. I realize the tube layout is different with the head and combo.. Homework lol. Oh and if u get bored, pull one leg of c19 on the pcb. Less noise and better feel for the gain knob below noon.
thank you guys I appreciate the feedback, I had a Valveking before this and I loved the Fendery cleans on it, I wish I could get those out of the 6505+
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

yeah the 6505 and 6505+ aren't exactly renowned for their clean tones.

but the lead channel...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
https://soundcloud.com/eric-trujillo-5/6505-clean-test

Here's how she sounds clean. It took a lot of tweaking physically and DAW wise, but for a Charvel with EMG's...doesn't sound half bad.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Yeah. You can overstate how bad its cleans are- but I still doubt they'd please someone who wanted a mainly clean amp, lol. But yeah with some tweaking and some pedals like reverb/chorus etc. I dare say you can get a usable clean tone, at least if you mainly play dirty and only need cleans occasionally.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yeah. You can overstate how bad its cleans are- but I still doubt they'd please someone who wanted a mainly clean amp, lol. But yeah with some tweaking and some pedals like reverb/chorus etc. I dare say you can get a usable clean tone, at least if you mainly play dirty and only need cleans occasionally.

Yeah this ain't an amp made for blues players that's for sure, but it will do a Dann Huff clean imitation like nobody else will lol.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RBM01991
Naaahhh...why have all that gain if you ain't gonna use it

Because after a certain point the gain just adds mushiness to your sound. The lower gain keeps it clearer, defined, and just as heavy.
+More

Quote by RCA1186
Because after a certain point the gain just adds mushiness to your sound. The lower gain keeps it clearer, defined, and just as heavy.

Nothin my TS-9 and a GE-7 can't fix , this thing does need some new tubes though, but at $125 a set....mmmmm....I may have to hold off till my tax return gets here lol.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9