Hey guys,

I'm considering upgrading my macbook pro to a more high end sound card. This is in an effort to reduce the amount of white noise that is being produced by this laptop in recording programs such as garageband or audacity.

I have heard that purchasing a new sound card will fix this white noise issue… Can anyone shed some light? AND if anyone can recommend any kind of card or external sound card?

Thank you so much!
Quote by Loco23
Hey guys,

I'm considering upgrading my macbook pro to a more high end sound card. This is in an effort to reduce the amount of white noise that is being produced by this laptop in recording programs such as garageband or audacity.

I have heard that purchasing a new sound card will fix this white noise issue… Can anyone shed some light? AND if anyone can recommend any kind of card or external sound card?

Thank you so much!

i have heard horrendous stories of how bad stock sound cards sound. i guess i have been quite fortunate because all the recordings i have done on my stock sound card have actually sounded pretty good.

that being said, there is no point in upgrading you native sound card in your macbook. it is best just to bypass it altogether and get an external sound card because it'll be able to facilitate much more input and output options and have better preamps.

i use presonus equipment interfacing through my firewire. i like my gear quite a bit but i have heard a number of complaints about presonus's audiobox interface. i'd recommend focusrite equipment based on how few complaints i have heard about them, they seem to be great for an introductory usb interface.

if you are looking for something like an 8 channel input interface then i have to say i really like my presonus firestudio project.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae