Should People on Death Row Be forced to Donate Their Organs After death?

Page 1 of 3
maybe I'll seem like a prick for even asking this, but I think it's an idea to atleast bring up. With so many people in need of transplants now a days, would you be OK with a law being passed where people on death row were made brain dead so doctors could extract the organs of the person to give to other people.

Again, I don't ask this as some uncaring human being . . .I do care vrery much about people, and after watching an anime that dealt with organ transplant a bit, It made me want toask this.

If I offended you in any way, it was comepletely unintentional, I just wanted to offer a possible solution to aa problem we have in this country for people to discuss,
no cause murderous kidneys

I think, based on the average number of years that death row inmates are incarcerated, that the majority of them would not be in a good enough state of health to be considered as viable donors.

*edit:
Quote by MinterMan22
no cause murderous kidneys
Oh yes, this too.
Nope

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
this is hardly a solution given how few people are getting a death sentence compared to the amount of people in need of organ transplants

also, death sentence is bad

also also, nobody should be forced to donate their organs
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Forced? Nah.

But every person in the world should volunteer to be an organ donor. I don't know why you wouldn't.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Here in Wales, everyone is going down as an organ donor. However in death the family can choose to say no if they want unless the dead person has made it clear they definitely want to donate.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
The number on Death Row would make hardly any difference; no guarantee they're in good shape to do so; death penalty shouldn't even exist.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by AeroRocker
Forced? Nah.

But every person in the world should volunteer to be an organ donor. I don't know why you wouldn't.

Wat wud u do if ur mum was on her death bed and needed a heart transplant and there weren't any local matches on the donor list but there was a convicted serial killer who was a perfect match but the only way to get his <3 would be to kill him and there is a 0 percent chance of ur mam rejecting the organ.
Quote by AeroRocker
Forced? Nah.

Because if something real serious happens to you, they'll want to take your organs before actually doing everything to save you.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
No, but I would be in favour of making them fight to the death in humorous ways and the winner gets life in prison instead of the death penalty.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Because if something real serious happens to you, they'll want to take your organs before actually doing everything to save you.

But if harvesting your sweet precious organs grants them the ability to save 5+ people don't you have a moral obligation to die?
It wouldn't make a massive difference. You really shouldn't worry about offending people. If people are offended, they deserve it.
Quote by Sleaze Disease

Also, I don't want a bunch of people hoping that I die.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Also, I don't want a bunch of people hoping that I die.

Then maybe you should stop jerking off to cartoon ponies.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Then maybe you should stop jerking off to cartoon ponies.

NEVER!!!
Quote by Sleaze Disease

I find it weird that people believe this
seems paranoid, like paramedics and doctors are organ vultures rather than being in the game of saving lives

(also the idea presented that you quoted had everyone in the world as a volunteer, so there would be less of a shortage)
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
No because there should be no death penalty to make this into a question.

And even so, no because no one should should be forced to, even though almost everyone should
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Sleaze Disease

if u believe this u r a tard
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Hell no.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by metal4eva_22
No, but I would be in favour of making them fight to the death in humorous ways and the winner gets life in prison instead of the death penalty.

I've thought about this and wrote an essay on it. It could generate SOOO much money that could go to helping people and stuff.
Quote by Hydra150
I find it weird that people believe this
seems paranoid, like paramedics and doctors are organ vultures rather than being in the game of saving lives

(also the idea presented that you quoted had everyone in the world as a volunteer, so there would be less of a shortage)

It's actually not uncommon, believe it or not. Not in the most hospitable parts of the world; however it is a common issue. Though I don't really think any first world hospitals would pull stuff like this. Hell they get the crap sued out of them if they leave a pair of forceps in you after surgery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24419052
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-195004/Childs-organs-stolen-Spain.html
http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-agrees-to-return-stolen-organs-of-dead-palestinians/5358247
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Nobody should be on death row.
Governments should not be given an incentive to execute somebody.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
But if harvesting your sweet precious organs grants them the ability to save 5+ people don't you have a moral obligation to die?

no because by that logic, you can probably save a few people from dying at this very moment, so then everyone would have a moral obligation to die and save everybody else...
Of course not. As everyone knows, if you get organs from a murderer, those organs are evil and will try to kill you.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Haven't you heard about the whole people getting organs and taking on traits of the donor? I wouldn't want traits from people whom have done terrible enough things to warrant death transferring to other people.
Quote by Wormholes
Haven't you heard about the whole people getting organs and taking on traits of the donor? I wouldn't want traits from people whom have done terrible enough things to warrant death transferring to other people.

This guy gets it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Is it really true that people when they are executed are made to wear diapers?
Quote by Axelfox
Is it really true that people when they are executed are made to wear diapers?

I'm sure your fellow furry fox friend, Ian, is the expert on this matter.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Wormholes

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Well in Scotland (I think all of UK) everyone gets put on the donate list, but you can opt out if you want, which is a bit selfish really. I'm pretty sure they're doing things with 3D printing now, so maybe real organs won't be needed in the future. Am I still on topic here..?
*murderer donates eye*

*patient receives murderous eye*

*patient becomes murderer*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Page 1 of 3