Okay so I recently made a song but the problem is that I've already hit writers block at the two minute mark. I would really like to hear your opinion of song and also recommendations. So anyway the song is titled "alone" and it goes something like this. I hope you enjoy it

Verse
Im asking myself
Why I godda be alone
And if I got
What it takes to be on my own

Oh Why do I, have to feel this way
I wish that I, could take this, pain, away

Bridge
Why did you have to leave me here
Why did you have to leave me here

Chorus
Now im all alone
Off on my own
Can someone please
Save me
Can anyone
Save me, Tonight

Verse
I don't know
If I got what takes
To make it through this
(Make it through this)
I don't quite know
How much more of this, I can take

But I will try to
Try to survive
This, night

Chorus
Cause im all alone
Off on my own
Can someone please
Save me
Can anyone
Save me, Tonight
What sort of genre is this song? It sounds really 'pop.' It's an okay start but you might want to delve a little bit deeper in your soul and search for some more complex metaphors or symbolism or the song will seem to simple. Try adding some more colorful description, or an actual story instead of just saying how alone you are. Hope this helps! Hit me back if you want any clarification or more help.

It sounds really 'pop.

Lol pop? really its not exactly the genre that I had In mind. I was kinda leaning to slow heavy metal kind of like slipknot's vermillion and/ or snuff but I don't want it to be as dark as there songs. But thank you I appreciate your honesty.
Yeah, its a good start, when i read it though i started imagining like a sad sort of piano song, haha Try adding just a few licks of darkness. It never hurts to try! Good luck!
Hey whats wrong with 2 minutes
add an intro & outro bit of chorus
you got 4 minutes!
I reckon if u said what you got to say
2 minutes is ok. Go for it u good thing!
Last edited by easybeat at Feb 16, 2014,