Rate the following related artists (as according to Spotify) of The Human Abstract

Job For a Cowboy
Bleeding Through
Veil of Maya
Corelia
Bleed From Within
Evergreen terrace
Whitechapel
Infant Annihilator
All Shall Perish
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Thy Art is Murder
Heart of a Coward
Monuments
INtervals
Within the Ruins
As Blood Runs Black
Vildhjarta
Born of Osiris
The Contortionist
Winds of Plague

Pure shit for gays.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

This thread doesn't belong here, and most of those bands are terrible. I like a few of them, but most of them are just...bad.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
This thread doesn't belong here, and most of those bands are terrible. I like a few of them, but most of them are just...bad.

Dont give me that horsesh*t about how 'durrr these bands arent metal they're something else derrrrr' just friggin stop it already...it's the most annoying damn thing about these boards is some elitist dipsh*t who has to sound off in every thread that the listed bands don't fit in their precious little pigeonhole. Godd*mn you're the absolute worst kind of fan you know that? The worst.
Quote by vanitybinge
Dont give me that horsesh*t about how 'durrr these bands arent metal they're something else derrrrr' just friggin stop it already...it's the most annoying damn thing about these boards is some elitist dipsh*t who has to sound off in every thread that the listed bands don't fit in their precious little pigeonhole. Godd*mn you're the absolute worst kind of fan you know that? The worst.

He's not being a dick, or being elitist or whatever. He's just telling the truth. Most of these bands belong in the Hardcore forum if I'm not mistaken. Even if you're certain they should go in here, you're still wasting your time because the people that are looking to discuss those bands will be doing so over in Hardcore.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Quote by vanitybinge
Rate the following related artists (as according to Spotify) of The Human Abstract

Job For a Cowboy - Shitty deathcore
Bleeding Through - Shitty to mediocre metalcore
Veil of Maya - Shitty deathcore
Corelia - Shitty djent
Bleed From Within - don't give a shit
Evergreen terrace - don't give a shit
Whitechapel - good debut rest is shit
Infant Annihilator - don't give a shit
All Shall Perish - mediocre to shitty deathcore
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - don't give a shit
Thy Art is Murder - shitty deathcore
Heart of a Coward - don't give a shit
Monuments - shitty djent
INtervals - shitty djent
Within the Ruins - shitty deathcore
As Blood Runs Black - shitty deathcore
Vildhjarta - mediocre djent
Born of Osiris - shitty deathcore
The Contortionist - mediocre to shitty djent deathcore
Winds of Plague - shitty deathcore

Done.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Done.
Agreed, except that I would argue that JFaC went from shitty deathcore to middling death metal with "Ruination"

Quote by vanitybinge
Firstly: Look at the top recommended bands in the metal rec thread at the top of this page. Listen to the top recommended bands in the metal rec thread at the top of this page. Tell us whether you think that your thread or any of those garbage bands belong in this forum.
(hint: they don't)

Secondly: if you didn't post this crap in the metal forum, we wouldn't have to correct you, now would we? Toddle off back to wherever you came from before you started posting this nonsense in the metal forum. And don't be so sensitive when fans of real metal tell you that your favourite pussy-metal bands are, well, pussy-metal.

*edit: I just looked through this joker's post history...this thread is his first in the metal forum EVER, and other than this utter crap that he's posted today, his only other posts in this sub-forum include 1) him lauding Behemoth's recent musical endeavors and 2) him asking which In Flames album he should listen to...back in 2008.

Buddy, go back to lurking in the Pit.
Last edited by NABEF9 at Feb 14, 2014,
Quote by NABEF9
Agreed, except that I would argue that JFaC went from shitty deathcore to middling death metal with "Ruination"

See, you're probably right, you really probably are, but it would take me caring a little bit more to find out if that's what the band became.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
See, you're probably right, you really probably are, but it would take me caring a little bit more to find out if that's what the band became.
I really can't blame you..."Genesis" did that to a lot of people
Quote by Me
Out of 10, 10 being the best:

Job For a Cowboy: 6 (newer stuff)
Bleeding Through: 1
Veil of Maya: 7
Corelia: 1
Bleed From Within: 1
Evergreen terrace: 1
Whitechapel: 1
Infant Annihilator: 1
All Shall Perish: 4
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza: 2
Thy Art is Murder: 1
Heart of a Coward: 1
Monuments: 1
INtervals: 1
Within the Ruins: 1
As Blood Runs Black: 1
Vildhjarta: 6 (early stuff)
Born of Osiris: 1
The Contortionist: 1
Winds of Plague: 1

thar
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I have your back on this, vanitybinge.

Quote by vanitybinge
Job For a Cowboy - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Bleeding Through not metal, they belong in a different forum
Veil of Maya - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Corelia - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Bleed From Within - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Evergreen terrace - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Whitechapel - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Infant Annihilator - not metal, they belong in a different forum
All Shall Perish - not metal, they belong in a different forum
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Thy Art is Murder - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Heart of a Coward - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Monuments - not metal, they belong in a different forum
INtervals - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Within the Ruins - not metal, they belong in a different forum
As Blood Runs Black - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Vildhjarta - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Born of Osiris - not metal, they belong in a different forum
The Contortionist - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Winds of Plague - not metal, they belong in a different forum
Quote by vanitybinge

Sam? Elitist? aahhahahahhahahahaaahahhaaahahahahaa
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by Atomic_Assault
He's not being a dick, or being elitist or whatever. He's just telling the truth. Most of these bands belong in the Hardcore forum if I'm not mistaken. Even if you're certain they should go in here, you're still wasting your time because the people that are looking to discuss those bands will be doing so over in Hardcore.

Yea that's what I wanna do, so I can read them arguing over which ones are hardcore enough to fit in THAT thread because this band is this and that band is that....goddamn it's so annoying.
You wouldn't talk about finches on a protist forum. Taxonomy is important for our ability to talk about bands that we agree are part of the same genre so that discussions aren't full of incoherent bullshit.

Whether you agree with it or not, you should be aware of what genre each band is (or isn't) classified as and post accordingly.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Why the hell does this thread even exist? Like, ignoring the whole "take it to the other forum" thing, it's a completely pointless BS thread. "Derrr rate deez bands gurr" isn't quality discussion.

TC, seriously, step your game up.
Quote by Scourge441
Why the hell does this thread even exist? Like, ignoring the whole "take it to the other forum" thing, it's a completely pointless BS thread. "Derrr rate deez bands gurr" isn't quality discussion.

TC, seriously, step your game up.